Chapala.com Webboard

Pet Free Premise

rafterbr

On 4/19/2019 at 7:23 PM, ibbocat said:

from the "The Week USA"

Pampered dogs, after The Wilson, a restaurant in Manhattan, debuted special dishes for dogs and their owners to share on an outdoor patio. The menu includes a $42 grilled rib eye with baby vegetables and a $14 bowl of mixed berries.

So how do the dog and the owner share the meal? Does the owner get down on all fours and eat off the dog plate on the floor, or does the dog have a special booster seat so it can sit at the table?

My dog would go for the rib eye, but the veggies and mixed berries would lead her to leave a bad review.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, mudgirl said:

My dog would go for the rib eye, but the veggies and mixed berries would lead her to leave a bad review.

Our dog loves the core from a head of lettuce. She thinks it is a bone. She runs around, trying to find a place to hide it. HAHAHA

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

Our dog loves the core from a head of lettuce. She thinks it is a bone. She runs around, trying to find a place to hide it. HAHAHA

Hahaha 😀... Maybe your dog has weak teeth if chewing "the core of a head of lettuce" as "a bone" or if you don't give her enough of real bones?

1 hour ago, Lily H said:

Hahaha 😀... Maybe your dog has weak teeth if chewing "the core of a head of lettuce" as "a bone" or if you don't give her enough of real bones?

Or maybe she is just fine and it her way of playing around. She doesn't need to be diagnosed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Site traffic and interesting discussions have declined since you did the removal,it seems.

And yet this web board survives. If you miss JIT go on over to TOB where he is alive and well as SanFran. He actually is happy in the Octagon section there which was designed for people like him. CBob is doing a good job of keeping him semi-civil in the other forums.  JIT is like that out of control dog you had to rehome who gets renamed and becomes much more civil with someone who knows how to handle him.

"Site traffic" is a stupid buzzword, employed by companies who want to impress potential advertisers. If most of the traffic here is propelled by trolls rather than decent people seeking information, then the figures are meaningless. And what some people find "interesting", the majority apparently feel otherwise.

• Like 5

On 4/1/2019 at 7:16 AM, Lily H said:

A closer encounter to canines can cause severe allergic reactions in a closed setting.

Our dogs won't behave at the smell of the ribs ... they're not trained and uneducated.

Can dogs be tied outside the restaurants courtyards (Lots of places have outside settings) and just humans walk in?

Even though to allow the dogs or not, I think, is at the discretion of the restaurants' owners, everyone should exercise common sense and courtesy in a selfless way - in an ideal world.

It is not safe to tie your dog anywhere out of your sight.  Friend did this and her dog was attacked by another dog.  It was helpless.  It survived but lost an eye.  For the record two restaurant owners told me dogs are permitted in open patio like seating areas but not in enclosed areas.

Plaza Andares, the fancy mall allows dogs.  You can see ladies with their vintage Gucci purses and their designer dogs.  Dogs in strollers too.  Thought about taking my dog the next time I go just to see his reaction to the shiny slippery floors.  He won’t go for that.  Hahahahaha. 

16 hours ago, Dostortas said:

Plaza Andares, the fancy mall allows dogs.  You can see ladies with their vintage Gucci purses and their designer dogs.  Dogs in strollers too.  Thought about taking my dog the next time I go just to see his reaction to the shiny slippery floors.  He won’t go for that.  Hahahahaha. 

There are at least o dozen nice sit down restaurants in Plaza Andares.  I have eaten many times in most of them and never once encountered a dog inside the restaurants. That includes La Vaca Argentina, El Almacen, Vincent, PF Changs, The Outback, La Italiana, and several others.

Maybe they are allowed outside in the walkways or passage in front of the stores but I have not seen them inside where people are dining.  I would be very surprised if they are and I am going to start inquiring to see if what you say is true.

This thread is about dogs in restaurants, not dogs just anywhere.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

"LOL" is a proper substitute to imply laughter in a text message, because in case you didn't know, people: HAHAHA reads as both evil and nefarious, and a tad insane.

Who says?

• Like 2