Chapala.com Webboard

Pet Free Premise

rafterbr

Just about every time I go to Adelitas people bring dogs in they do sit out on the back patio but several of the last times two dogs were at it with each other and then the little FiFi somebody brings and barks almost constantly.   Some are disciplined and are quiet but many are not discipline and cause a ruckus.  Not a pleasant dining experience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was at Gosha's fish place and a woman came in, sitting her dog inside the door. All was fine until street dogs roamed by, and then the barking began. Pretty obnoxious, as the owner made no attempt to quiet her dog and instead seemed to find it all amusing. This is why no dogs are allowed in restaurants, by law, in this country. Who cares about the well-behaved ones?

• Like 4

You guys make me laugh.

With most restaurants here overnight invaded by cockroaches, most basic hygiene rules not respected by employees and dirty menus, you all get obsessed and upset by a dog in a restaurant.

And ofcourse, in Europe, everybody is dying in the street because of food poisonings in restaurants.

What cuts my appetite a lot more is a dirty Walmart type, without manners, eating next to me.

I guess we all have our priorities.

Have a buenos dias....and whereevever I am allowed to, I will gladly take my well behaved little Schnauzer with me.

Only one solution: basic behaviour rules for people and doggies

Rony

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Agreed, and Rony, it's a law for many more reasons than your emotions.

Not only that, you're trying to use a false analogy; the two things have nothing to do with each other. I might add, a few posts on this board does not an obsession make. By saying that, you're just throwing shade at an otherwise normal discussion and (unsuccessfully) trying to make yourself look smarter and better.

Your argument is wrong on so many levels: for example, " whereevever I am allowed to, I will gladly take my well behaved little Schnauzer with me "... but the law says you are not allowed, so you are intimating that if the restaurant owner says it's okay, you will gladly break the law.

And: " Only one solution: basic behaviour rules for people and doggies ". If that were even minimally true, we wouldn't need any laws.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Agreed, and Rony, it's a law for many more reasons than your emotions.

What does the law exactly mean in Mexico. 

There are also animal protection laws here and how well are they applied ?

And how come that Guad and Mexico City have lots of petfriendly restaurants. ?? Above the law, under it, next to it ?

I love most of you guys, but in this everlasting cliche subject, you are mixing up priorities.

For some strange reason....I can only conclude...the more civilized a country, the better pets are assimilated in society.

I also dont care that I am going against a majority here.  I still find your reaction over the top, blowing things out of proportion and focussing, obsessing on the wrong dangers.  I only wonder why  .Let this ridiculous obsession go.

In 2005 and 2006, I had  a restaurant here in Chapala....and I served (water bowl) pets before people and guess what.... Nobody ever got sick and the restaurant was a success.

Get finally over it.

Rony

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, so you are suggesting that we should only follow the laws we like.  Okay then. Enjoy.

Based on the lengths of your posts in this thread, I'd say you should use a bit more discretion before tossing around the word obsession.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ComputerGuy said:

Oh, so you are suggesting that we should only follow the laws we like.  Okay then. Enjoy.

In Rome, live like the Romans

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I having great day today with a few family members and friends at a 15 años party.  

IMG_20190413_162549.thumb.jpg.f982e00701d6a999e4df36becf9d5661.jpg

And no dogs.

They are all under the tables and in the kitchen.  You d better look again

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Is dog hair in chocolate still vegan?

My dog was always close to the kitchen and in 10 years, never heard of a hair in chocolate or anybody getting sick.

You d better ask about me instead... Answer: ALWAYS wearing a cap AND max cleaning, disinf, washing of hands and equipm

Again, people overfocus on the wrong hazards ( is that the right English word ?)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Based on the lengths of your posts in this thread, I'd say you should use a bit more discretion before tossing around the word obsession.

My only obsession is the love for my dog and that is a good one

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Tiny said:

No, this is a Mexican party.

The more reason.   

I have lived in the barrio for a long time.

You d better never eat in the Chapala plaza neither

By the way....keep your own dogs out of your own kitchens too.  You all might end up at cruz roja

• Like 1