Chapala.com Webboard

My recent death of my dog, still upstairs, has caused me to question the professionalism of two vets. Christine at Pet Care in Riberas and Hector in Ajijic. Christine didn't call back and Hector didn't even come when his sister Carmen said he would. He said he would help me get Coca downstairs, but never showed up. Anybody else have problems with these vets?

• Sad 2

I am so very sorry for your loss.  These things don't normally happen.  The deal is, however, I don't appreciate having such a sad thing as this picture sprung on me out of nowhere.  We have all lost pets and it hurts like hell.  If you call Dra. Bernice in the morning (Monday) I am sure she will help you remove the dog and have it cremated.  I do hope you have contacted a friend before in the morning to help you remove it to a more appropriate place. 

We've used Dr. Hector before and he was very caring and knowledgeable. So sorry for your loss and the difficulty in disposing of your dead friends body. Did either of these doctors ever see your dog as an alive patient? You called on a weekend, did you call back later on or call on a handyman or friend? The dog looks like a very large one and heavy. As for post mortem care, did you request cremation or burial or just disposition?

I have been rescuing dogs and cats for the 14  years I have been here and have had excellent treatment from Hector and his sister for both regular care as well as emergencies I would not take any of my furry family to anyone else.  Getting upset at a Vet for not dropping everything and rushing to help you move a  dead animal  is a bit unfair did you bother to call back to see if there was an emergency with a live animal before you decided to publicly shame them???

• Like 3