Chapala.com Webboard

CONSTRUCTION ADDITIONS TO HOUSE

Do the lakeside municipalities use satellite photos/comparisons to determine construction additions

which building process may have overlooked required PERMITS?

And are there penalties assessed over and above the back taxes owed and unpaid?

Is this oversight by a home owner need disclosure to allow a transfer (sale) of the property?

Does a property search by a notario overseeing the closing of a sale cover this aspect of

the property...original footprint of construction and any additions made?

Thanks

Yes they have used satellites to scan the area...yes I was caught

A couple of years back I questioned why my property bill  was significantly  increased.....they invited me into a room set up with computers and proceeded to pull up details of my lot which clearly showed a different house footprint to that I submitted ....yes I did add a garage and did not get permission!!!

They offered to come out and check the house...at which point I paid up and was not penalised  with past years non payment.

They did the "new analysis" by satellite in Mazatlan a few years ago and assessed us a huge increase in predial.  I took copies of Google Earth plus actual photos to catastro and disputed their assessment.....turned out the satellite showed a large shadow from an adjoining building and they interpreted that shadow as a building.  Be sure to check out their photos!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Apachewoman said:

Do the lakeside municipalities use satellite photos/comparisons to determine construction additions

which building process may have overlooked required PERMITS?

And are there penalties assessed over and above the back taxes owed and unpaid?

Is this oversight by a home owner need disclosure to allow a transfer (sale) of the property?

Does a property search by a notario overseeing the closing of a sale cover this aspect of

Thanks

Yes, in past years different administrations have purchased Sat photos and they caught me with a bodega and pool I had not initially been assessed on. I challenged their interpretation and footage. They said they would come out and look and measure and I said no. I got an architect who drew up what existed currently and they billed me for the back taxes, no penalty.

18 hours ago, Apachewoman said:

Thanks

We bought then sold 1 home here, and since purchased another.  Each transaction included a new measurement of the houses by Chapala government.  At the time of our sale, the property was measured slightly more than when we bought it (we had added a bodega) and we had to pay the back taxes.  My guess is that the new measurement is required by the Notario.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...