Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing Mexican Drivers's License

According to the information given to me, you can renew any time prior to expiration. We are going to Plaza Las Torres Tuesday to renew.  One expires 1 May, the other 1 December.  We want them to have the same expiration dates.

50% discount is available with DIF or INAPAM card.  You must copy both sides of the card.

Chapala office not open, please read a current post regarding this. 

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

According to the information given to me, you can renew any time prior to expiration. We are going to Plaza Las Torres Tuesday to renew.  One expires 1 May, the other 1 December.  We want them to have the same expiration dates.

50% discount is available with DIF or INAPAM card.  You must copy both sides of the card.

Chapala office not open, please read a current post regarding this. 

Do you know if Ocotlan if open the same hours and requires the same documents?

34 minutes ago, Sandrita said:

Do you know if Ocotlan if open the same hours and requires the same documents?

Same state so same rules. You are wise to go there, it'll change your mind about state bureaucracy.

They are on the second floor of this location. I get there about 10 AM, but when they open I do not know or do they seem to tell you.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Cinemex/@20.3673022,-102.7696091,18.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x842ed8e596aeff45:0x3b11e2a053650a8c!8m2!3d20.3668469!4d-102.7703941?hl=en

Just to be sure, the place where you renew your auto tabs in Chapala is that the place you go to to get a 50% discount on your license renewal, with a copy of your INAPAM card?  Will they also let you know how muh your renewal is and can you pay in cash?

Gracias.

The new CURP. https://www.gob.mx/curp/ Don't know if it needs to be color but since all copies of legal documents like passports are supposed to B&W, color may not be required.

Also if you download a CFE bill you need both sides on a single page.

Both sides of the INAPAM card for the discount.

Requirements in Spanish: https://inforequisitos.com/licencia-de-conducir-jalisco/

Thanks John but the only reason I brought the color up is because recently the different agencies have requested curp printed directly from the website not copies.  Currently on the site the curp is in color rather than b&w and in a new format which is larger than the previous wallet sized version.

Also if you use Telmex do they want all the pages?

How much is the ticket (if paid promptly) for driving on an expired license?  Maybe cheaper and much easier than bothering with a renewal? Sheesh!! I'm even starting to think like a Mexican.

• Haha 1