Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Joyinmexico

Emllias Ajijic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Lily H said:

Why snarky? That's juvenile. 
 

Most of this thread has had a large dose of snark seasoning.  Much more emotion than reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lily H said:

Why snarky? That's juvenile.

Thanks. Your overall attitude is one of the reasons I find it so hard to resist "snarking" back at judgmental and snarky responses here.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gringal said:

Most of this thread has had a large dose of snark seasoning.  Much more emotion than reason.

For some people it is their form of exercise, getting the heart going, making sure that they are alive.  HAHAHAHAHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is for sure gringal ,computer guy...whenever I walk into a restaurant in Mexico and see a dog contentedly licking his balls I’ll smile and think of you both...Carpe Diem ...before it seizes you .

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ian Greenwood said:

One thing is for sure gringal ,computer guy...whenever I walk into a restaurant in Mexico and see a dog contentedly licking his balls I’ll smile and think of you both...Carpe Diem ...before it seizes you .

"Most of this thread has had a large dose of snark seasoning.  Much more emotion than reason."

Thanks to gringal.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

"Most of this thread has had a large dose of snark seasoning.  Much more emotion than reason."

Thanks to gringal.

You're welcome.  We really needed to hear about a dog in the place we eat "contentedly licking his balls", didn't we? How gross do you folks want to get, anyway?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carpe diem. Hmm. "Used to urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future." Doesn't really fit here, does it.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm.   car - pe - di -em.  Used as an exclamation to urge someone to make the most of their days because life and the future are fleeting... In short form “ Webster - Collins modern usage “.....get a life !  Seems like it fits perfectly to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously..Emilia’s   great little restaurants, definitely worth a visit even if there is an odd canine or two !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Hmmm.   car - pe - di -em.  Used as an exclamation to urge someone to make the most of their days because life and the future are fleeting... In short form “ Webster - Collins modern usage “.....get a life !  Seems like it fits perfectly to me.

And you still don't get it. Rhetoric? That's fine, Ian.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Seriously..Emilia’s   great little restaurants, definitely worth a visit even if there is an odd canine or two !

Ian I believe you said you were a chef in Europe.  If so you know under the Euro, people are allowed to bring dogs in restaurants unless the restaurant has restricted them.  However, as a consideration to other diners Europeans do not bring dogs in restaurants except the odd service dog.  In addition the dog must have a chip inplanted, must be vaccinated and vaccination's recorded.  They must attend training and violet breeds must be muzzled in public.  On top of this they must pay a fee each year for having the dog.  Here it is against regulations to bring dogs in restaurants and these expats who have no consideration for other diners give truth to the saying the Ugly Gringo.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

Ian I believe you said you were a chef in Europe.  If so you know under the Euro, people are allowed to bring dogs in restaurants unless the restaurant has restricted them.  However, as a consideration to other diners Europeans do not bring dogs in restaurants except the odd service dog.  In addition the dog must have a chip inplanted, must be vaccinated and vaccination's recorded.  They must attend training and violet breeds must be muzzled in public.  On top of this they must pay a fee each year for having the dog.  Here it is against regulations to bring dogs in restaurants and these expats who have no consideration for other diners give truth to the saying the Ugly Gringo.

What a load of rubbish

Not  much different from how it actually works in Mexico it is at the owner/ manager discretion, no paper work the only chips are the ones you eat.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 12:42 AM, slainte39 said:

Which are the restaurants that you like but allow smoking?  I haven´t had one of our preferred restaurants eliminated because of smokers or smoke from outside the restaurant and I have some of the most strident anti-smoking family members you can imagine.

Sure not the same about dogs in the restaurant as some of our favorites are the worst offenders.

It is true, Slainte39 that the restaurants have become much more non-smoker friendly in recent years.  When we first came here smoking was allowed at most restaurants in the "smoking sections" which of course meant the whole restaurant.  We still have some trouble with smokers that stand at the doors of some of the restaurants and smoke.  There also is the occasional smoker still at Adelita's on the outside patio, which like I said filters into the restaurant.  We have had to move to a different table a couple of times in the recent past.  I believe the reason there are more non-smoking restaurants now is that it was demanded by most of the customers.  If you all continue letting the owners of the restaurants know that you will not eat where there are dogs then perhaps you will have the same results.  The problem I see right now is that many of these restaurants are busy with dog customers so to speak and the incentive may not be there.  I wish you dog free restaurants as I would enjoy them as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Rafter most countries in Europe do allow dogs access to restaurants, however it does tend to be at the discretion of the restaurant owner and is not a common sight except perhaps in more rural pubs , bars and cafes. All of my restaurants were in Florida . I never allowed dogs in the actual dining room  except service dogs  not comfort dogs , which wasn’t  much of  a problem as the vast majority of customers do not expect to bring dogs  into fine dining restaurants. In several of my restaurants l did allow dogs on my outdoor patios which is the only area I would take my dog . My reason for “breaking balls “ here is because l believe it is up to the restaurant owner to decide on his own rules and  if customers don’t like the rules they can go elsewhere. I didn’t hesitate to enforce my rules ... first you embarrass them , then you throw them out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

...l believe it is up to the restaurant owner to decide on his own rules and  if customers don’t like the rules they can go elsewhere.

1

Screw your rules, it's the LAW here. Why don't you go elsewhere?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As this is no longer a restaurant review but is now a dogs in restaurant thread I am closing it.

The board's owners do appreciate how the topic of dogs in restaurants really build the site traffic.  :D

However, if you guys want, start a thread on that topic once again and as long as it doesn't get personal and unpleasant we'll let 'er roll.

Angus, that last post doesn't meet either the personal or unpleasant standard.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...