Chapala.com Webboard

Emllias Ajijic

Joyinmexico

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

Poor Emillia's restaurant, nobody can give an honest report on any restaurant without someone taking over the thread for their own crusade. Emillia's was clean and served delicious food, they are gracious and friendly. Everything was lovely and they have great coffee to boot.

Well. lunsdawgs, I hope you live up to your name and go to Emillia's restaurant often enough to compensate for those of us who won't. I vote with my pocket book and will not favor law breakers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

Poor Emillia's restaurant, nobody can give an honest report on any restaurant without someone taking over the thread for their own crusade. Emillia's was clean and served delicious food, they are gracious and friendly. Everything was lovely and they have great coffee to boot.

"nobody can give an honest report on any restaurant without someone taking over the thread for their own crusade."

That is not true.

Thanks to the original praise given to the restaurant, we are all aware that they serve good food.  The Problem is their mascotas policy, which they have chosen.  They will get the patronage of most people who posted if they change that and/or if people are considerate of others and behave accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

These are also "discussion" boards. I see no rule that shuts down a topic immediately after someone reports on a restaurant. You report your opinion on something, you are going to get responses. You include the words "dog" or "smoking allowed", you are begging for a response.

Well, that’s that. It’s settled. The emotionally stunted adults who can not eat out without their ego supporting animal (“Please look at me. I am special.”) will keep the place in business. Those who are offended or disgusted by dogs in restaurants can eat at one of the many, many restaurants who meet their standards of sanitation. Those of us who can’t summon up the energy to get our panties in a twist over the issue will dine there when/ if we get around to it. Glad this latest dust up over dogs in restaurants is over.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gringal said:

If the restaurant wants to succeed, it will pay attention to what people are saying here and cater to the considerate, law abiding potential customers instead of to the inconsiderate, entitled ones.  End of story. Amen.

Just to be clear, I don't own a dog. I do like to read about new restaurants, and I will patronise those which I think I might like. For me, dogs are not an issue. I don't think this makes me "entitled" or "inconsiderate". 

I just wish these "reviews" would not degenerate into dog wars and personal attacks.

Strictly my personal view. I'll stop reading them now .

• Like 4

Good for you if dogs in a restaurant don't bother you, no harm whatsoever in that.  But to be fair, any review of a restaurant can include more than just the menu and prices, no? Vibe, promptness or not, other clients, friendly or not staff, and so forth.  So it seems that noting a waiter sneezing or coughing into a plate of food might also cause a reviewer to mention that.  What's different about noting the presence of animals that are prohibited by law?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Just to be clear, I don't own a dog. I do like to read about new restaurants, and I will patronise those which I think I might like. For me, dogs are not an issue. I don't think this makes me "entitled" or "inconsiderate". 

I just wish these "reviews" would not degenerate into dog wars and personal attacks.

Strictly my personal view. I'll stop reading them now .

If you are not bringing a dog into a restaurant, you are neither one of the "entitled" nor the "inconsiderate".  I was speaking of actions, not opinions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have had good (almost always good in EUR) and bad experiences (here and in US) with dogs in eateries.  A few really bad experiences which I attribute to the dog's owner for failure to control and/or train their dog.  So now, if we see any dogs, we move on to another place.  I don't boycott an eatery for allowing dogs, but when they are present we just move on to another spot to eat that night.

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Just to go completely wide of the mark...if you have a issue with dogs in restaurants..think of siting next to a **** for 8 hours on a transatlantic  flight........and we thought smoking was a problem on planes!!!

Dude, ****'s must not have been against the law like animals in restaurants are or they wouldn't let they fly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wookie said:

Slainte39, you are right.  I have to admit that I am as much a crusader when it comes to smoking.  I am allergic and can not tolerate even a little ... even the smoke that comes from people standing outside that filters back into the restaurant.  I have eliminated all restaurants where people smoke and if I eliminated all restaurants then that let dogs in I would really be limited in restaurants.  I am sorry that I can not join you in boycotting all the restaurants that allow dogs but I salute you for your efforts.  

Which are the restaurants that you like but allow smoking?  I haven´t had one of our preferred restaurants eliminated because of smokers or smoke from outside the restaurant and I have some of the most strident anti-smoking family members you can imagine.

Sure not the same about dogs in the restaurant as some of our favorites are the worst offenders.

7 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Which are the restaurants that you like but allow smoking?  I haven´t had one of our preferred restaurants eliminated because of smokers or smoke from outside the restaurant and I have some of the most strident anti-smoking family members you can imagine.

Sure not the same about dogs in the restaurant as some of our favorites are the worst offenders.

That's a problem, isn't it? The worst offender that I otherwise like is Yves, where the big old dog drapes himself across the entrance to the kitchen and the garden sports up to three donkeys and a chained up canine with a bad disposition.  Still, I'm a sucker for the salad bar and go there anyway. Sigh.🙃

Just wondering on the off chance that any of you chronic complainers ever receive a dinner party invite... if so do you question the host about their various pet situations ( cats ,dogs ,  birds ,donkeys ) before attending...probably not it’s a free dinner...you could  always whine later .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Just wondering on the off chance that any of you chronic complainers ever receive a dinner party invite... if so do you question the host about their various pet situations ( cats ,dogs ,  birds ,donkeys ) before attending...probably not it’s a free dinner...you could  always whine later .

When I go to my friends' home for a meal, their pets are kept away in a totally separate area than where they are wining and dining their guests. It has nothing to do with it being a FREE meal. These hosts know the meaning of courtesy and graciousness.

• Like 4

I agree FlyFree.  I have a cat and always keep here in another room when entertaining.  I want my guests to be comfortable . If you are invited to my home you can be sure I will do what I can to make sure you have an enjoyable evening.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

When I go to my friends' home for a meal, their pets are kept away in a totally separate area than where they are wining and dining their guests. It has nothing to do with it being a FREE meal. These hosts know the meaning of courtesy and graciousness.

It's obvious from some of the posts in this thread that some people haven't a clue what consideration of others and common courtesy means.  Sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Chronic complainers", Ian? A person... who may even love dogs... complains once that a restaurant is breaking the law, and you label them chronic. Bad enough they have to defend themselves against all kinds of illogical comments; now this. You are happy, then, to have cats, dogs, birds, horses around? Remind me not to eat your food.

• Like 4

This thread added to a restaurant review as you very well know happens constantly , the same groups...for and against argue each time .There will be no change...the result will be the same..this is a “ dog town”. If a restaurants policies bother you ...go somewhere else. As for my food...the cooking classes have a real long waiting list so one more or less is no sweat .

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Ian Greenwood said:

This thread added to a restaurant review as you very well know happens constantly , the same groups...for and against argue each time .There will be no change...the result will be the same..this is a “ dog town”. If a restaurants policies bother you ...go somewhere else. As for my food...the cooking classes have a real long waiting list so one more or less is no sweat .

Good example of "clueless".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ian Greenwood said:

You pulled out the oldest non-sequitur in the book of old comebacks on this board: "go somewhere else". Perhaps I wasn't clear, because some things have to be spelled out: I don't go to restaurants with dogs allowed. Clear now? And I wasn't talking about your classes. I was talking about your food. That's okay: hang around here a bit longer, newb. You'll get it eventually.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

First of all   “ computers guy “ we have been here over 10 years hardly newbies . I haven’t posted over 10 ,000 times because I have  a life an active life., ,perhaps that is another old “ non sequitur “  If as you say I don’t “ get it “  thank goodness !   My food and classes speak for themselves....Carpe diem...

• Like 1