Chapala.com Webboard

Emllias Ajijic

Joyinmexico

WONDERFUL BREAKFAST! I am a critic and don't waste time writing about this and that BUT these people have great food, great presentation, great service and if I did not know I was in Ajijic I would think it would be room service at the Four Seasons! I hope they get business and last!

• Confused 1

Carretera Ote. 32b, 45920 Ajijic, Jal.  They have a facebook page and you can also Google it.  It appears to be just east of Donas.  Trip Advisor says they are open every day 8 to 8.  All reviews I have read have been good.  They, of course, serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.  We shall try it soon and see for ourselves.

Phone: 01 33 1097 3133

When Lewis and Clark were making their famous trek across the USA they ran short on supplies.  At an Native American village the only meat they could buy was dog meat.  They were forced to try it and soon it became their favorite meat and as they traveled they bought dogs at the villages to travel with them and be their lunch.  Not all Native American tribes eat dogs so the Lewis and Clark expedition soon became known as the dog eaters by the tribes.  

4 hours ago, artsnob said:

Good news dogs welcome. Will try tomorrow for breakfast with my group. 

Thanks, Since I don't eat with dogs. I will go somewhere else.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rafterbr said:

Thanks, Since I don't eat with dogs. I will go somewhere else.  

I DON'T want to catapult this into a discussion of dogs and restaurants, but it's a mystery to me why a new,  small, enclosed restaurant would decide to allow people to bring dogs inside when it will keep a number of people from even trying it out....nevermind the legality.

• Like 1

Will dogs eat dog meat?......the dear little cannibals.

Someone could start a business of breeding dogs that will eat the dogs that people take into restaurants....before they wipe their rear ends on chairs and cushions or lick the servers´  hands.

• Haha 3

We ate lunch there today.  Grilled fish tacos with salad, fried shrimp tacos with french fries, shared guacamole, lemonada natural and they brought salsa and chips.  The food was delicious.  We will not be going anywhere else for fish tacos for sure.  Quality ingredients, great service by young women that really take pride in their work.  Comfortable and clean with fans to keep cool.  Did not see a dog ... but I will say this ... there are not many restaurants we have been to lately where there wasn't at least one dog.  You don't always see them as sometimes they are kept under the table but if we made the decision not to eat at a restaurant that didn't allow dogs we would not be eating out very much.  

These young women deserve better than what is going on right now with people taking over this thread with rather disgusting commentary.  Trying to make a go of a restaurant or any business is hard enough.  Some might stop to think that these young women are doing everything they know to do to make a go of this endeavor and allowing the Ex-pats to bring their dog is a concession on their part as they probably think it is necessary in order to get our business which they will need.  Many of us think dogs should not be allowed in restaurants and it is the law for them not to be but there are plenty Ex-pats that get in the faces of restaurant owners or simply just walk in with their dog and dare the workers to say something to them.  In our experience the Mexicans will bend over backward not to have a confrontation so they are put in a really bad spot.  Then others have a hay day trashing them for it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1