Chapala.com Webboard

Getting to Tonila from Ajijic

Charter Tours and LCS as well as other travel venues do not seem to go to Tonila any longer. I am willing to go myself and hate to pay for a big tour or driver when I know I want a $35 item and want to stroll at my own leasure. 

Can I take the main bus to Guadalajara and catch a cab to Tonila? Is Monday a OK day? Just looking for a certain Tavalara lamp and cannot find it anywhere here.

Thanks!

I take the Chapala bus that goes to Guadalajara and get off at the stop known as "Alamo" shown here:  

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Castillo+del+%C3%81lamo/@20.6126187,-103.3225157,13.92z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8428b2f858d26187:0x561e1e3c7481a18b!8m2!3d20.6191735!4d-103.3213305?hl=en

From there I Uber or cab to Tonalá

18 minutes ago, Joyinmexico said:

Charter Tours and LCS as well as other travel venues do not seem to go to Tonila TONALÁ any longer. I am willing to go myself and hate to pay for a big tour or driver when I know I want a $35 item and want to stroll at my own leasure. 

Can I take the main bus to Guadalajara and catch a cab to Tonila TONALÁ? Is Monday a OK day? Just looking for a certain Tavalara TALAVERA lamp and cannot find it anywhere here.

Thanks!

Sundays and Thursdays are the big outdoor market days in Tonalá.  That means you can wander through the artisans' booths looking for what you want.  Otherwise you will be in and out of stores all day.  Either way you'll have fun, and during the week Tonalá is not so crowded.  Yes, take a bus to the spot on the highway called Álamos and take a taxi from there to Tonalá.  Tell your bus driver you want to get off there; you'll find a taxi stand there and can grab a cab for Tonalá.  Forewarned: The shops in Tonalá are spread out and you'll be doing a LOT of walking.

Edit: cross-post with Angus.  😋

Archived