Chapala.com Webboard

Cockraches

Mitch

For that type of spraying I liked Victor Vargas Tapia 33-1331-4242. The liquid he used had no smell and also eliminated the critters.

Carmen at Fumi-Tech also is an exterminator but their chemicals did leave a lingering odor. 333-369-3737

11 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

For that type of spraying I liked Victor Vargas Tapia 33-1331-4242. 

By all means call Victor.  I have him come automatically every other month.  He's thorough, and has the right equipment for each situation/area.  He's an engineer and licensed. Not the cheapest, but very good.

2 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

A tip:  When he comes ask him to see the label of the insecticide.  Then run to your Google and search it.  There are no regulations here.  Very likely the stuff is banned in all first world nations.  I once met and had a drink with an American guy, a distributor.  His shipment came from Nigeria and never passed through the USA, prohibited to the max.  

Same thing happened to me when I was looking for a wood preservative. Stuff they had here was unavailable everywhere else. 

3 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Same thing happened to me when I was looking for a wood preservative. Stuff they had here was unavailable everywhere else. 

Yes, they use pentachlorophenol here like it's something benign, no mask, no gloves. Known carcinogen. It's locked up in Canada and you need an applicators license to buy it.

A DIY option for roach control is (Ortho) Home Defense available at Costco and Super Lake. Victor's service does a much better job controlling all sorts of insects but for a cheaper option the Home Defense spray works pretty well.

Still owed a refund from my exterminator. Spray was totally ineffective. Told me it was my fault because I didn't know what type of cockroach I had. LOL!

Apparently being a entomologist is a requisite of the customer, not the "professional."

I used boric acid, powders, sprays all to no avail until I got Bayer's Maxforce.

Knocked out the problem in 2 - 3 days.

I bought it at the Ferreteria on the lakeside of the Carretera on the Chapala side (East) of Mirasol.

Maxforce FC Magnum Roach Bait 1.16 oz

image.png.fdc3161c3b5e0c94b61688fead237db1.png

Archived