Chapala.com Webboard

mercado libre purchase problem

I have made purchases on my canadian credit card through mercado libre before, but today, when I went to make a purchase, they would not complete it unless I validated my phone and my documentation, which seemed to involve me sending them a picture and  INF documentation (which I do not believe I have.)  I was informed that, unless I did this, my purchase would be cancelled.  Has anyone else encountered this and how did you resolve it?

We had to go through this process as well. After sending required info, the order was completed and shipped. Too bad they don't accept paypal...

Not sure if there is any extraordinary risk sending the required documentation...

Just now, stuphel said:

The problem is that I don't understand what ID they want.  I have a Permanente, but I don't believe I have any INF (what is that?) info to give them.  

INE card - Mexican citizens voter card. The common form of varifiable ID used in Mexico.

Yes.... OXXO.  I never  give my Canadian Credit card info to any site in Mexico (nor do I use in stores)..... very selective to those in U.S. as well.  Have made lots of purchases on MercadoLibre, and every time I opt to pay at Oxxo.  They will send you  an email with a form to print and take with you to any Oxxo and as soon as your payment is processed (need to pay within 24 hours) your stuff will be on its way.

(Yes,  am Mexican citizen, but would never send IFE (INE) card info on internet to anyone. Nor would I get a Mexican bank's credit card.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yes, I agree, just click on pagar en efectivo, or pay in cash, and select on Oxxo, 7eleven, or Bancomer or Banamex.  I always feel better paying in cash.  In Oxxo or 7eleven you will pay a 11 peso or so commision charge.  I don't even print off the confirmation of order form, I just show them the confirmation email they send on my phone that has the code on it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, stuphel said:

I have made purchases on my canadian credit card through mercado libre before, but today, when I went to make a purchase, they would not complete it unless I validated my phone and my documentation, which seemed to involve me sending them a picture and  INF documentation (which I do not believe I have.)  I was informed that, unless I did this, my purchase would be cancelled.  Has anyone else encountered this and how did you resolve it?

This is a very difficult website to address anything.  Their internal portal is a do-loop of frustration.  MLM (Mercado Libre Mexico) has no customer support phone, or email capacity, nor do they prescribe to WhatsApp in terms of support.  The folks that have replied do not do anything to help you, and contradict themselves from one encounter to another.  I still have an unresolved issue with my DEBIT Card, which they will not accept and have yet to correct the issue.  II has been 4 months and counting.  I would not expect much from them.  I am going to be cancelling my account as of today.  They really do not care about the customer in any manner.  

On 3/19/2019 at 6:09 PM, stuphel said:

The problem is that I don't understand what ID they want.  I have a Permanente, but I don't believe I have any INF (what is that?) info to give them.  

Only Mexicans have an INF card.  Your Permanente card should suffice, if you want to continue along that route.  Much easier to pay through Oxxo.

INE is voter ID Mexico.      As a foreigner they should accept your passport or Residente card. 

Much easier to pay with a card. If you choose to pay at a Bank or Oxxo the seller receives no notification until the payment is made,. Until then the item is still for sale..... If it is sold before you make the payment your money will go to your Mercadopago account until you buy something or apply for it to be returned. 

If for any reason you need to return the purchase or there is a problem Mercadopago will refund to the card used to make the payment.