Chapala.com Webboard

Abandoned Cars on Neighborhood Streets

We have abandoned cars and a van on our street with flat tires, rotted interiors, weeds growing around them and they're blocking driveways.  Is it possible to get them removed? Does anyone know who I could contact and what the procedure is to clean up our neighborhood of these vehicles?

I am told that pictures ( as proof) were taken of similar situations in Ajijic and sent recently to "Movilidad" - the transito office  on the carretera, a few feet before the Chapala main traffic light, and nothing was done becase transito said they have no equipment (cranes?) to remove the cars.  they did not even post signs to the effect that  "if you don't move the ar in 72 hours it will be towed. 

Maybe if someone knows the head of transito,  then it can change the priority ?

IF....they are blocking access to cocheras or car gates, I think Vialidad will have them towed, otherwise it´s probably a fruitless effort.  Call Aguirre, the towing service company that does work for the Vialidad and they can probably give you a correct answer on what the procedure might be.

Check and see if they have current licence plates. If so , nothing can be done . If not

Call the delegado (if you are in Ajijic ) Juan Ramon at 7661760. Give him the address. If you are in another village get to know your delegado and call him/er. 

I've actually thought about taking photos of all the "abandoned" cars I've seen. Make a coffee table type book out of them. It seems to be a Mexican right, like owning a gun NOB.

One of my favorites is the one parked on the carretera directly in front of the immigration office in Chapala. Don't know if it's still there but at one time it had no wheels , let alone an engine in it. "welcome to Mexico" it seemed to announce.

In Ajjijic some  lot of them used as personal land fills.

I think only valuable cars get towed since there is actually a chance someone will pay to recover it. 

Maybe we should post  photos of our "favorite" abandoned vehicles ? 

• Thanks 1