Chapala.com Webboard

Be sure to read and follow the suggestions in the article pinned to the top of this section about finding lost pets. Many years ago my little black cat took a brief vacation and came home because I posted flyers all over my apartment complex. Don't give up and good luck.

As usual JIT you jump in with NO knowledge of this lady's situation.  "Balls" are usually OFF by the time the cat is 9 months old, for many reasons including the "one bad habit" you refer to.  (If the cat were going to wander because he is not neutered, he would have done it long before now). And your cat dietary recommendations leave MUCH to be desired and are endangering your cats....you are  obviously not capable of "cat counseling" so stay out of it.

Yes, Adriana, follow all the things in the Finding Cats section.  Also, go out at night after dark and quiet with a few kibble pellets in a metal dish.  Shake the dish.  Call the cat.  Stand quietly and listen.  Repeat several times.  Take a flashlight and search every tiny crevice you can find, look behind every shrub, garbage can, etc. where a frightened cat could hide.  Repeat every night.

I have used these techniques, plus the signage, on several cats belonging to friends and in the end we were successful every time. Longest was one MONTH!  Take heart!   Good luck!

Thank you, Natasha. I also had a cat go missing. One month later he showed up at the gate meowing to be let in. He had been long nurtured and never left the yard before. More recently, I had a cat turn up missing. Two weeks later I was reading quietly so I heard a faint sound that could have been a cat. I went outside and it sure was a cat on the outside of the garden wall. Went running out there and it was my cat. Had I been going out at night as Natasha suggests I probably would have gotten her back sooner.

In both cases the cats were in fine shape, maybe slightly thinner but not much. They were clean and groomed. Who knows where they were or what adventures they had. So, as Natasha says, take heart and good luck!

Did you find the cat?  Let's stick to that topic.  Let's remember threads like this are for the express purpose of helping folks find their lost pets and if one has nothing at all to contribute to the search, please refrain from posting comments you may consider droll but others find distracting.

Archived