Chapala.com Webboard

Upholstery fabrics

Willie

Planning a trip to GDL in search of good upholstery fabrics...I plan on going to Centro Mercantil and Al Puerto de Veracruz but don't know if they have a large selection.  I sounds like they might be more for dressmaking.  Any suggestions?  TIA

3 hours ago, Willie said:

Planning a trip to GDL in search of good upholstery fabrics...I plan on going to Centro Mercantil and Al Puerto de Veracruz but don't know if they have a large selection.  I sounds like they might be more for dressmaking.  Any suggestions?  TIA

If you mean Centro Mercantil Villanueva on Pedro Buzeta, yes, they carry upholstery fabric.  Parisina also carries some.  There is a Parisina on the corner of Av Chapultepec and Av Mexico, right before you enter Santa Teresita.

We have used a Upholstery fabric store, El Surtidor del Tapicero Calle Municipal Colón 787,  at the corner of Av Ninos Heros and Calle Colon. It is on the north side of Av Ninos Heros and has parking in off of Calle Colon. If you go in to Guad on Gonzalos Gallo and cross Independencia to Calz. del Águila and go right. You will pass Happy Fish Tacos where we always stop and cross Ninos Heros it is immediately on your right. They have an excellent selection and great prices.

We used this store and were extremely happy. The address is  Av. De las Americas 785. 

Alejandro Leroy was most helpful.

www.decortinaslyon.com

Archived