Chapala.com Webboard

Klimate Kids

CHILLIN

1 hour ago, alex45920 said:

A simple Google search reveals that Daniel Turner has a history as a public relations operative for, among others, the Charles Koch Institute. He also has some experience in planning weddings. He doesn't have any background or education in science. His Power the Future organization is a dark money 501(c)(4) organization, that is not required to identify the source of its funding. It appears to be yet another Koch Brothers front group; however, due to the nature of dark money organizations, that cannot be confirmed. While he doesn't know his ### from a hole in the ground when it comes to climate change, he does know how to get airtime on Fox TV. Turner and Carlson both seem to be math-challenged as well as deficient in reading comprehension. That IPCC report referred to in the interview was issued in 2018...so we're down to 11 years now. The report does not say that the world ends in 2030. It says civilization has until that time to respond to global warming in order to mitigate catastrophic climate change in the future.

(I am increasingly convinced that the likes of Jim Bowie, Hud, Hook Em Horns, and a few others who post on this forum, who I refer to as the "Texas Taliban," are fake characters created by MC. If you read TOB, you may be aware that MC has been exposed for creating fake screen identities in order to post there since he is banned from that forum. Sorry I wasted my time in watching the clip and responding to it.)

Glad you wasted your time, I knew you couldn't resist. :D You just showed that you have a closed mind.  A member of the Texas Taliban, is that what you think will offend me?  You gotta do better than that. Looks like you have the "Texas Taliban Syndrome".  Bless your heart ! :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those three "roughriders" threaten me to call him Texas Taliban while in Texas. It turns out the Texas Taliban is based on a comedy/movie about about a Texan stripper on trial, and her interaction with the police and court trial.

https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi3706455065

The title is based on a true news story that a batch of terrorists bragged to some strippers about some upcoming bout of religious and macho terrorism, but the relationship between cops and strippers in the U.S.A. was so bad that they never told anyone about it until after the fact.

9 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Dallas is cool tho.  And Denton is all right, Austin of course.   My sister got a citation for wearing shorts in public a long time ago, Amarillo.  

We live part time just outside Austin (the Hill Country). Beautiful when the Bluebonnets, etc. are in bloom !

1 hour ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Dallas is cool tho.  And Denton is all right, Austin of course.   My sister got a citation for wearing shorts in public a long time ago, Amarillo.  

17 hours ago, alex45920 said:

A simple Google search reveals that Daniel Turner has a history as a public relations operative for, among others, the Charles Koch Institute. He also has some experience in planning weddings. He doesn't have any background or education in science. His Power the Future organization is a dark money 501(c)(4) organization, that is not required to identify the source of its funding. It appears to be yet another Koch Brothers front group; however, due to the nature of dark money organizations, that cannot be confirmed. While he doesn't know his ### from a hole in the ground when it comes to climate change, he does know how to get airtime on Fox TV. Turner and Carlson both seem to be math-challenged as well as deficient in reading comprehension. That IPCC report referred to in the interview was issued in 2018...so we're down to 11 years now. The report does not say that the world ends in 2030. It says civilization has until that time to respond to global warming in order to mitigate catastrophic climate change in the future.

(I am increasingly convinced that the likes of Jim Bowie, Hud, Hook Em Horns, and a few others who post on this forum, who I refer to as the "Texas Taliban," are fake characters created by MC. If you read TOB, you may be aware that MC has been exposed for creating fake screen identities in order to post there since he is banned from that forum. Sorry I wasted my time in watching the clip and responding to it.)

Ad hom guy.  Fact is they did make these predictions and they didn't pan out.

Also you are engaging in personal attack.  This is your friendly reminder to knock it off.  Just for the record I was banned over there, the ban was lifted but I got tired of the group think and the incessant personal attack with anyone who dared disagree with it.  I stopped signing in or posting and the membership expired from non use. 

You and that board are an object lesson of how folks of a certain mindset these days cannot tolerate free speech other than their own and immediately resort to personal attack.  I don't give a damn whether you hate me or not, that will not be tolerated here and I have the full support of the board's sponsor in dealing with it including permanent bans.

Consider yourself warned.  I better never see another post from you like that last paragraph here or it will be your last.  

If I was "exposed" for anything else, you better prove it or you are engaging in libel.  I understand some guy with an Indiana handle registered there and left shortly after because he was disgusted with the personal nastiness.  I had nothing to do with that, sorry.  I sure don't blame him though.

As to the repeated failure of predictions of doom to pan out, remember the story of the boy who cried wolf over and over?  This is how credibility is lost.  Keep predicting the doomsday that never arrives.  That was the point Hookem was making and it is a good one.  The climate believers are doing a great job of destroying their credibility with exaggerated predictions of doom.

When the doom day actually arrives, no one is listening because of all the previous false predictions.  The wolf eats us.

On 3/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, gringal said:

This thread has veered off into a direction where most of us part company.  I suggest that at this point we declare "peace" and stop insulting each others' intelligence and emotions.  This is no longer a debate about substance, is it?

I

Exactly.  Closed.

After thinking about it further, I realized Johnny was handed a big suspension for a lot less of a personal attack than yours, Alex.  This is over the top and libelous.

You have earned yourself an extended time out to contemplate how to post without personally attacking those who disagree with you.  

Archived