Chapala.com Webboard

Does anyone do Thai massage in Ajijic?

bobsf

The Thai massage I remember, the girl walks up and down your back using her toes to work on your spinal cord.  The first time I selected the prettiest girl the second time the smallest.  Ha ha

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

The Thai massage I remember, the girl walks up and down your back using her toes to work on your spinal cord.  The first time I selected the prettiest girl the second time the smallest.  Ha ha

If she is walking on my back, I would say lightest first then prettiest second. HAHAHA 

14 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

If I were to get a massage it wouldn't be from a person named Bob, or Charley, or Mac, or Bubba.  

From a guy who lived in Thailand .. Thai massage is kind of a joke.  There's one reason I know of why a young Thai girl works in a massage parlor.  It's not like they attend some century's-old Kama Sudra college high in the mountains where you arrive by elephant, climb a rope ladder to enter a dimly lit bat-infested cave and learn from Buddhist masters and study by candle light and burning incense and worship monkeys in you down time, bathe in avocado/coco water and meditate for 6 months while fasting.  The mamasan teaches them, and there isn't all that much to teach; what to do and what to charge.  Same in China from what I know.  The Japanese I'd guess run a little classier operation.  

If its a "special " massage with a happy ending I can imagin why you'd rather have a woman masseuse, but each type of theraputic massages has different techniques and results. Many people have learned and are excellent at giving massages in these different styles. Which one does it for you is a personal choice,but I wouldn't prejudge according to gender or ethnicity....

2 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Just jokin mate.  Once this German girl did something she called ralphing, delightfully painful.  It's easy to tell a real masseuse from the handlers .. over-developed arm and shoulder muscles.

Now thats funny JT, the word is rolfing. Ralphing is a slang word for vomiting. We have a Rolfer here at Lakeside.

Actually a Thai massage is a stretching massage.  They stretch every part of your body and a good one can take 2 hours.  The back walking is optional but the best ones come with it.  It is for both men and women and many of the stretches are yoga like.  I received mine in a real massage house not a excuse for one as Jonny alludes to.  Most of the women had really long toes almost like fingers and they can really give your back vertebrae a good work out.   

• Thanks 1

In my several trips to Thailand I have found the people to be warm and friendly.  The country is fast becoming a favorite to retire to.  The Thai massage is a legitimate massage not like the Viet Nam War days.

To be clear I teach at 2 schools in San Francisco.  One of then is a Thai School.   We offer a 500 hour course in Traditional Thai Massage.  I don't teach Thai massage but I teach the 64 hours of anatomy and 24 hours of pathology that are part of the program.  I have been to Ajijic 7 times.  I will be volunteering to teach an 8 hr anatomy course  to Mexican massage therapists during my next stay.  If anyone knows of someone skilled in Traditional Thai massage than I would be interested in a session.  -Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, bobsf said:

I will be visiting Ajijic in June and am looking for someone who does Thai massage.  Is there anyone trained in Thai massage in the area? 

Just ran across this in a recent video by a pair of vloggers talking about their favorite thing around Ajijic. They are visiting a spa five miles west of Ajijic known for their thermal bathing. At 2:27 you will see your desire.