Chapala.com Webboard

Expat Interface

30 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yup. Heck of a lot easier than using Google, ain't it? 

Here we go again. FYI I am ( was) a computer professional who has been with Google from it's beginnings, even consulting on its use. 

I was under the impression that posting here was a safe thing which would potentially provide information to others in the community. Google only provides it to their advertisers.

As I said in another thread.... lesson learned. It seems that there are too many people in here with nothing better to do than mock others. My contributions end here.

Phone number at Manix is 766-0061.  Hector is there a lot and I'm sure they can either put him on the phone or tell you where to call him.

I'm not sure why you had trouble getting this information nor do I understand why the sarcasm instead of just posting the number.  In any case, here it is.

For those who are reluctant to use Sr. Google for "privacy" reasons, try https://duckduckgo.com/ for a search engine that does not track your requests....

P.S.  I don't consider Posting that one could easily use a Search Engine to answer their question as Bull Sh*t as was recently posted about my suggestion to use Google. For example I just now used duckduckgo to look up the Manix phone number. It took me about 5 seconds to get that number rather than Posting a question and waiting maybe several hours for someone else to look it up for me.  YMMV

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Here we go again. FYI I am ( was) a computer professional who has been with Google from it's beginnings, even consulting on its use. 

I was under the impression that posting here was a safe thing which would potentially provide information to others in the community. Google only provides it to their advertisers.

As I said in another thread.... lesson learned. It seems that there are too many people in here with nothing better to do than mock others. My contributions end here.

What others are trying to teach you, is that looking it up on Google by yourself is WAY faster than writing out a whole question on here and waiting for responses that may be accurate or not.  They aren't trying to mock you, but give you a better way of finding out things.

7 hours ago, RickS said:

P.S.  I don't consider Posting that one could easily use a Search Engine to answer their question as Bull Sh*t as was recently posted about my suggestion to use Google. For example I just now used duckduckgo to look up the Manix phone number. It took me about 5 seconds to get that number rather than Posting a question and waiting maybe several hours for someone else to look it up for me.  YMMV

When someone makes a statement of fact without supporting information (link, qoute,...) and then reply when asked for supporting information, "Go Google it", I am sorry but I think that was a BS answer.

I am one of those people who read things, or hear things, and sometimes remember things. However, I do not keep lists of 'links' or other sources of what I have learned.  So, if I am doubted, I suggest the doubter do his own research by whatever means is necessary.  Way back when; we went to the library.  Now, we go to Google.

18 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

So, if I am doubted, I suggest the doubter do his own research by whatever means is necessary.

The perfect Russian misinformation answer. Plant doubts without justification.

Archived