Chapala.com Webboard

car oil change

22 minutes ago, green bay wi said:

Any recommendations where to get an oil change for a 2009 KIA?  In the past I used Francisco in Riberas but as you all know he is no longer there. 

Thanks

Ricardo Ramirez, Francisco’s head mechanic, has leased space right next door at Robert’s and still does oil changes. Cell 33-1265-6956.

7 minutes ago, RickS said:

Some folks will disagree with this ‘recommendation’, but.....  Car City in Riberas is another convenient place. An oil change is NOT rocket science. 

Until they screw it up... overfill, cross tread plug, or as was done on a Subaru changed the transmission oil with engine oil. One very expensive mistake. NOT IMPLYING WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE..done at 2 different locations.

... and I’m not shilling for them but I have had oil changed there on a couple of occasions, front-end suspension work done and a ‘complicated’ rear differtial process done on an older Honda CR-V under my direction and ALL was done without incident. Just saying....

If it were me I’d take it to Felipe Morales at AutoCheck in Riberas at Hidalgo #90A. Cell 331-464-2324 for an appointment. This guy I will shill for!

YMMV

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Some folks will disagree with this ‘recommendation’, but.....  Car City in Riberas is another convenient place. An oil change is NOT rocket science. 

I agree Car City is great for oil changes. I bring my own oil and filter and can see under the car while its up on the lift. The cleanest most professional of all service facilities with real lifts. Some cars like mine require removal of a skid plate just to change the oil, better done with the car in the air.

Archived