Chapala.com Webboard

Uber to/from GDL to Lake Chapala

Hello,

I will be staying in GDL with my family (2 adults 3 kids). I would like to spend a day in Lake Chapala, but we won't have a rental car. I can see that we would be able to take an Uber to Lake Chapala, but are there ever any Ubers to get back to GDL? I am wondering the same thing about Tequila as well, in case anyone has info on that. Thank you! Ashley

Like Mostly Lost said, easy to get a ride share to Lakeside or Tequila but hit or miss on the return. There are always taxis for the return. The Aloft Hotel is a good one to stay in Guadalajara. Great area of the city. 

The cheapest option is to just take an uber to the old bus station or la Central Vieja and come by way of the Chapala bus.  I believe the direct Chapala bus is now 60 pesos.  Or come to Chapala in an uber and return to Gdl by way of the cheap comfortable Chapala bus or take a taxi for between $500 to $700 pesos which comes out close to $25 to $35 dollars give or take some.  We are only 45 minutes or so down the road from Guadalajara.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gringos-ajijic-lakeside/lakeside-drivers-and-taxis/1783082931752976/

This is file of private drivers.  Most will come to ZMG Guadalajara to pick you up and return you that day.  Several have vans for 3 adults and 3 children.  This is not the least expensive way but probably the best way to get a full day without a lot of hassle.  Join the FAcebook page.  

You do have to join the group to access the names and card pictures.  Everybody should anyway because the info on FAcebook is more like we used to get on this site and MExconnect.  Everything moves and changes.

1 hour ago, solajijic said:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gringos-ajijic-lakeside/lakeside-drivers-and-taxis/1783082931752976/

This is file of private drivers.  Most will come to ZMG Guadalajara to pick you up and return you that day.  Several have vans for 3 adults and 3 children.  This is not the least expensive way but probably the best way to get a full day without a lot of hassle.  Join the FAcebook page.

Your link doesn't work.  You have to belong to that Facebook group in order to access the link.

12 minutes ago, suegarn said:

Your link doesn't work.  You have to belong to that Facebook group in order to access the link.

The link works just fine. As she said in her post “Join the FAcebook page.

To go to Tequila, there was a scenic train that took you there and back from Guadalajara.  I heard that they took it off line for awhile.  Maybe, someone will know if it is up and running again.  That would be a cool and easy way to go to Tequila.  And if you have time; check out the small but very cool pyramids called Los Guachimontones.  They are the only circular pyramids in México and are in the city of Teuchitlán, not far from Tequila.  

Archived