Chapala.com Webboard

Smart IPTV App

Tiny

Question about IPTV. This will show I don't have any knowledge/experience with it.  HAHAHA

On my Smart TV there is an app called Smart IPTV. It says something about IPTV channel list, no channels.  Does that mean if I would add an IPTV channel, my Smart TV could run it and I would not need an Android box?

It appears that if you have a smart TV and bought an android box for IPTV, you may have overpaid.  With the Smart IPTV app on my Samsung Smart TV I can receive IPTV channels.  I use several trial M3U file downloads for the test with very good results.

What I read about the Smart IPTV app is that it supports Samsung, LG and android tv's.  It may support other tv brands.

The cost for the app is around $6.37 USD for a lifetime membership per device. No other devices needed.

The next project is to learn how to make a personalized M3U list file.

I'm not sure if this is the same or a different question. I have a conventional TV, not a smart one.

I access networks via Shaw Direct.

I have no land line so my computer accesses the internet via a TelCel wireless modem.

I recently bought an Amazon FireTV firestick, did installation, connected to my modem, registered the Fire Stick to my US Amazon account. So far, so good. I can look at the menus on Netflix and Amazon.

But when I try to watch a movie, I inevitably get a message that the movie is not available because of a Geo IP code error - meaning that my modem has a Mexican IP address.

Is there any way to get around this?

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

I'm not sure if this is the same or a different question. I have a conventional TV, not a smart one.

I access networks via Shaw Direct.

I have no land line so my computer accesses the internet via a TelCel wireless modem.

I recently bought an Amazon FireTV firestick, did installation, connected to my modem, registered the Fire Stick to my US Amazon account. So far, so good. I can look at the menus on Netflix and Amazon.

But when I try to watch a movie, I inevitably get a message that the movie is not available because of a Geo IP code error - meaning that my modem has a Mexican IP address.

Is there any way to get around this?

I have to let someone else answer this.  I have no experience FireTV fire stick .  I remember someone else posting on this board about using a fire stick to turn a regular tv to a smart tv. I will keep searching.

User All Day stated on another topic:

"if you don't have a smart TV, don't worry - if you have an HDMI port the Fire Stick will turn your dumb TV into a Smart TV."

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/82453-ilox-updates/page/2/

Maybe someone can help you.  You may need a VPN or DDS server on your fire stick or a vpn on your router if it a IP address problem.

User All Day: I read the earlier link that you provided bot don't see anything relevant. I didn't buy or otherwise choose my router - it's what TelCel gave me, HUAWEI Model 8310s-518. It has no VPN  port on the modem.

Another clarification - I have a Mac, not a PC.  I do have a VPN on my computer (Express VPN).

However the chain is: Telcel - Router - IMac,    OR    Telcel - Router - (WiFi) - Fire Stick - TV.      Since the router bypasses the computer, the IMac VPN doesn't keep the Telcel Modem from telling the Fire Stick that it is located in Mx.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:55 PM, Tiny said:

The next project is to learn how to make a personalized M3U list file

It is pretty straight forward to create a personalized play list. If your IPTV service provides you with a M3U, use can use Notepad to edit the file. If the service provides a URL, then you have to convert that to a file.  If you want more information, please let me know.

By the way, some players have a "Favorite" so you don't have to modify the play list file.

A quick follow-up in case it helps someone else. Loading Express VPN on the fire stick was easy (thanks for the suggestion) but when I tried to watch a film I then got a different error: "We see that you are trying to watch a film on a VPN. This is not allowed. Please disable the VPN and try again."

I did an online chat with Express VPN. they had seen the problem before and suggested that I switch from the Miami server to the Los Angeles 3 server. That absolutely solved the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Glad you got it to work with ExpressVPN. I've been using it for a while and every once in a while I have had to try different servers but have always been successful. And the support folks at ExpressVPN have been very helpful.

Archived