Chapala.com Webboard

ALARMING AD IN THE GR

ezpz

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the issue of the huge development on our precious Ajijic hills was a no-go.  I admit I haven't kept track of every detail.  But now in the GR, there is a full page ad referring to the new "wine and cheese Hotel and Villas Monte Lago" stating that the location is "on Chupinaya Hill only 7 minutes from the town of Ajijic".  It also touts the "exclusive development within one of the worlds' most prestigious hotel brands... bla bla bla.  Gimme a break, and they think the residents of that place are going to want to shop at Walmart??  It also touts sales promotions -"Be among the first to buy and receive a special price..."  Pretty pictures are featured, which must be photoshopped or simply pictures of other places since this place does not yet exist.

We would be lucky if this scheme turned out to be just another Lake City type scam.  Otherwise, the implications for our community are diabolical.  

Comments?  

1 minute ago, lakeside7 said:

I think this is already an existing place which has a few homes built , just past Los Sabinos.??? been around for a while...... or not

Really??  Never heard of it!  How could such a place exist and the general population doesn't know?  I've never seen an ad for it before.

The project had ads in El Ojo del Lago last month offering special deals for the investor buyers of the first three villas.  At least one of the photos used had the Architectural Digest logo on it, meaning the photos were being used and had no bearing on anything being built.  For me there are some red flags flying.

Archived