Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Roberta Strand said:

Most Canadians are so rude and self involved here in Mexico, we don't want you here anyway.

Who is the "we" you represent?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ajijic will be a Canadian Province in a couple years. Mexicans know you can't get rid of them. You kill, rob or beat 'em, they just keep coming for those 10% off dinners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roberta Strand said:

Most Canadians are so rude and self involved here in Mexico, we don't want you here anyway.

Be civil or leave the conversation.  That's an ignorant comment and completely uncalled for.  Who is the "we" you think you represent?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gimpychimp said:

That's an ignorant comment and completely uncalled for.

Just like the OP was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiny posted this on May 1, 2018:

"A topic is like drinking all night. At some point, it becomes funny, sad, rude and or does not make any sense."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to tone it down.  Keep it up and we will have to lock this topic. I say thank God for both the US and Canadian expats, who come every year during the period when it is cold up North. You all make life so interesting especially when discussing politics in person, something we can not do on this forum.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

If you read the US State Department warning it advises the US embassy and consulate employees are forbiden to go there - name of a state, city or rural area, go out after dark, travel at night, to visit bars or casinos etc. Why no Canadian embassy or consulate employees are advised as much you ask and citizen advisories are about 1/3 of the US advisories.  Does Canada have DEA agents in Mexico or other operatives? Maybe Canada is correct in their advisories based on their research and maybe the US State Department is correct based on their research - even though lagging in updates most years. You seem to think all is equal when it is obviously not.

 

17 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

If you read the US State Department warning it advises the US embassy and consulate employees are forbiden to go there - name of a state, city or rural area, go out after dark, travel at night, to visit bars or casinos etc. Why no Canadian embassy or consulate employees are advised as much you ask and citizen advisories are about 1/3 of the US advisories.  Does Canada have DEA agents in Mexico or other operatives? Maybe Canada is correct in their advisories based on their research and maybe the US State Department is correct based on their research - even though lagging in updates most years. You seem to think all is equal when it is obviously not.

I believe the US advisory are exaggerated aimed at discouraging US citizens to travel to mexico

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I think the "color"  and "tone" of the subject matter started the rot......

The information is provided by any Government for the guidance of it's subject's..take or leave it and please do not be judgmental for their reasons .....

Joy the time we have together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ferret said:

LOL! Not only are they less in number, it is well known that the U.S. ramps up its warnings especially before Spring Break. The U.S. wants all those vacation dollars to be spent in the U.S. not elsewhere.

100% right!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roberta Strand said:

Most Canadians are so rude and self involved here in Mexico, we don't want you here anyway.

I take it that the "we" in this context is the royal plural!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadians are not the problem.  People with a hostile, unwelcoming attitude are the problem.  Most Canadians I've met are polite people and the exception is rare.

As far as State Dept. warnings are concerned, we can't deny that there have been escalating problems with violence at the resorts.  So, a warning is appropriate.  And naturally, it would be nice for the U.S. to keep the bucks at home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gringal said:

Canadians are not the problem.  People with a hostile, unwelcoming attitude are the problem.  Most Canadians I've met are polite people and the exception is rare.

As far as State Dept. warnings are concerned, we can't deny that there have been escalating problems with violence at the resorts.  So, a warning is appropriate.  And naturally, it would be nice for the U.S. to keep the bucks at home.

Not only at the resorts a Canadian killed and a body outside my door on Ocampo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bontepar said:

I believe the US advisory are exaggerated aimed at discouraging US citizens to travel to mexico

On what basis? Because Canada has a different set of warnings? And why does the US want to discourage travel to Mexico? More specifically, why does the US State Dept (who issues the warning) want to do so? Did you know US Foreign Service officers are inveterate believers in overseas travel, and want more Americans to do so so they understand the importance of the Foreign Service.

2 hours ago, bontepar said:

LOL! Not only are they less in number, it is well known that the U.S. ramps up its warnings especially before Spring Break. The U.S. wants all those vacation dollars to be spent in the U.S. not elsewhere.

As to the charge they "ramp up" the warnings before Spring break, there is no data to support this. The warnings are based on the info developed by the Foreign Service, the Intelligence Community, and data provided by the host government. It would be malpractice for the State Dept to not provide reminders to the many spring-breakers coming to Mexico to get roaring drunk, buy/try drugs, and flash cash at the clubs after midnight.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bontepar said:

Have you ever heard of US propaganda???wake up! start questioning the B.S. that the USA government tells you

Of course. Propaganda is the intentional distribution of information to influence (not just inform) the recipients. Some experts argue that only governments do propaganda, and when commercial entities do it, it is just advertising. Either way, it is all around us. There are laws on when/how the US may use propaganda. Probably the most successful US propaganda effort of all time is/was Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. These government-funded news efforts were hugely influential during the Cold War in providing info behind the Iron Curtain to citizens with no access otherwise. One of the things which made RFE/RL so effective is they only broadcast verifiable truth; this made them reliable and trustworthy. They were still propaganda efforts, though, because they simply didn't cover some things which would have conflicted with their purpose to help undermine the Communist world. That meant they were influencing, not informing.

So yes, I have heard of US propaganda, to answer your question. Care to answer any of the questions I posed to you? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, bontepar said:

I am sure glad I am a Canadian, I recently went to check travel advisory on the Canadian gov. website, I am quite safe to trave lalmost anywhere, than I went to the USA travel advisory. site.let it be hold! I can not go anywhere!, to my condo in ixtapa any more or visit my friends in manzanllo.

Cosider becoming a Canadian we are a lot safer here than our American friends!

a

Might be better if you were a Cuban. Their consul site has NO travel warnings. I couldn't find any on Venezuela's site either.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...