Chapala.com Webboard

Carretera Reconstruction project

Just got an email from the Chapala Reporter ... 82.8 million pesos for carretera reconstruction project.

I am not a subscriber. 

The developers should love this . Is this planned because of all the future development?  Food for thought... 4 story parking lot planned in Chapala and now this?

They are already here.

Note the amount of money we are talking about here is roughly $4.5 million U.S. equivalent.  I'm skeptical a decent job can be done on that much road for that budget.  For sure there is nothing here for the developers to get excited about.  Not to mention the fact that there's little indication that any attention is paid to infrastructure of any kind when passing out building permits here.  

Well something is better than nothing.  The new governor is trying to address decades of gross neglect and shoddy, corrupt work on Jalisco roads.  He really has his work cut out for him.  I have corresponded with him and he is quite aware of this and the importance of not only fixing the roads but fixing them right and providing a lot more maintenance.

He's been out on the road, not flying around in a helicopter like the last guy, and seeing first hand just how bad it is.

Archived