Chapala.com Webboard

VPN suggestion

Anyone using a VPN to hide your IP address that will allow you to watch U.S. content of Amazon prime?

Express VPN works great, I use it all the time to watch anything on Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc.  The key is you have to set it to be In New Jersey 3 is the one I use that works.  Oregontochapala probably just left it on whatever came up and that won’t work.

5 hours ago, Syver117 said:

Express VPN works great, I use it all the time to watch anything on Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc.  The key is you have to set it to be In New Jersey 3 is the one I use that works.  Oregontochapala probably just left it on whatever came up and that won’t work.

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Continue to have good results with Strong and they have excellent customer service IMO.

3 hours ago, headpooch said:

Me Too

1 hour ago, NLU said:

ditto Strong VPN

I have installed Express and Strong vpns on my PC for testing.

I tried Express with New Jersey 3 and other servers. I could get Netflix  but no Prime Video.

I tried Strong with several servers. I could get Netflix  but no Prime Video.

Are you running these vpn's on your router?

90% of Strong and Express installations will fail to get Netflix US. (Interestingly, there are quite a few people here who are getting Netflix Mexico, and don't realize it, because once you set your language to English, you'd never know the difference unless you compare programming. For example, Frasier is on US Netflix, but not on Mexican Netflix.)

This isn't some spec I've pulled off the Web: this is based on setting up dozens and dozens of VPNs over the last couple of years and seeing the results. Adding a VPN setting to a modem or router is a whole different story, with most being incapable of doing that unless you buy one of their pre-configured routers or learn how to do it yourself. For sure, do not purchase any VPN service unless you can get a free trial first.

The ideal here, of course, is to have one-click access to Netflix via a VPN service.

I am getting Netflix's Frasier with all three VPN's.  Also, Netflix send me an e-mail when I change location,

Still no Prime Video with the VPN's but I have not tried all servers. Did try Express's New Jersey 3. No luck.

SpeedTest

Express - 18

Private Internet - 25

Strong - 35

I like  Strong VPN very much.  However, given our slow speed here in Villa Nova, 6 mpbs, when two of us are streaming at the same time, and one is on VPN as well,  it slows down everything tremendously.  Once we get fibre optics I am sure I will use VPN more.

ExpressVPN is streaming Amazon Prime video using D.C. locations. 

Some devices (computers/notepads/etc) may leak your local IP address, which Amazon would then see and block viewing based on Prime (you can still watch if you pay extra). 

A search of "solving IP leaks" (or similar) and a few adjustments to settings might improve your results, as does contacting Express by 'chat' on their web site if things aren't working as you want expect.

20 hours ago, Syver117 said:

correct.  I am on jersey 2 and it wont work. Because of all my banking I have stayed on Jersey 2 because of static IP address. I fear the moving to 3 to watch Prime and then moving back would change my IP address of jersey 2 and the banks would shut me down in a NY minute

19 hours ago, Tiny said:

have installed Express and Strong vpns on my PC for testing.

I tried Express with New Jersey 3 and other servers. I could get Netflix  but no Prime Video.

I tried Strong with several servers. I could get Netflix  but no Prime Video.

Are you running these vpn's on your router?

Yes. I have a secondary router running a separate network that is configured with Strongs's DNS numbers.

2 minutes ago, Syver117 said:

Tiny, i am not using a router.  With VPN Express I can have 3 items use the VPN at a time.  Phone, Ipad and TV.  It was much easier then messing with a router.  Jersey 3, I have used with Hulu, Prime and Netflix with nothing being restricted.

Please tell us how you log into your VPN with a TV, assuming it is a "smart" one.

6 minutes ago, Syver117 said:

Tiny, i am not using a router.  With VPN Express I can have 3 items use the VPN at a time.  Phone, Ipad and TV.  It was much easier then messing with a router.  Jersey 3, I have used with Hulu, Prime and Netflix with nothing being restricted.

Syver, what browser are you using?

4 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Please tell us how you log into your VPN with a TV, assuming it is a "smart" one.

I don't. I have a Samsung smart TV and I have not found an VPN app for Samsung. I don't know if there is an app for an Android TV.  If I want to use the TV and VPN , I would either direct connect the PC to the TV or cast from the PC.

1 minute ago, Tiny said:

I don't. I have a Samsung smart TV and I have not found an VPN app for Samsung. I don't know if there is an app for an Android TV.  If I want to use the TV and VPN , I would either direct connect the PC to the TV or cast from the PC.

Tiny, I am aware of that and really was asking Syver117 as he claims he does.