Chapala.com Webboard

Animal shelter in riberas

yes! HUELGA! ... 

What was not true? Was the store not closed? No cloth draped over front and side door? No man standing outside? Employees not on strike? No one trying to work it out? The point of the post was about the store being closed and then why it was. If we are not to believe what is being said which parts are not true — some, none, or all? 

The employees are not on strike the union was trying to extort money . the Thugs from the Union in Guadalajara came down and threw our staff out of the building would not allow them to take their personal purses  keys etc. and refused to allow us to go in to feed and water the cats. The department of Labor  advised us that we would have to file against the union and we 

did not want to have our cats left uncared for while we waited for the courts to hear our case. We paid them off and now will decide if we will take action against them.

Fortunately I had the puppies with me at the Vets and Lucas  was out of the building when they threw the staff out.  ( the staff they claimed they were there to protect.)

The store and Shelter will be open as usual in the morning.

9 minutes ago, sue said:

the Thugs from the Union in Guadalajara came down and threw our staff out of the building...

Thugs and/or unions do not have the legal ability to do so. Did anyone call the police?

The employees are paid just as they were when Mr. Kaye owned the store.  This is Mexico and the police are reluctant to get involved in anything that smacks of political stuff, which includes unions.  Would you have gone home if tough thugs were threatening you with physical harm if you didn't leave the store?  I imagine so.

I don’t think this is a union in the same way we from NOB think of a union. Someone said Thugs...that is more likely. There have been a number of businesses threatened here over the year to pay “protection” money. This sounds more likely.

Archived