Chapala.com Webboard

AJIJIC PRE-CARNAVAL PARADE & PANDEMONIUM AKA FIESTA TAURINAS

ezpz

Wow, this was the biggest and best yet!  I was here for 4 years before I even knew that the little pre-carnaval parade ends up in the Liezo Charro for a big wild and wacky free-for-all with the Zayac@s getting down and dirty with the big boys to the delight of the howling audience  They chase the kids before and during the parade.  Then the Charros take over, but I had to leave before the steer roping contests to go to an important movie.  This is the real Mexico folks, and there were no gringos there except one other photographer.  Enjoy!

WOW! That is just wonderful🙂 So wish we were there but next year we will make a point to experience this first hand:-) 

Thanks so much for posting:-)

Check out my utube page for more local fiesta videos as well as those from other places around Mexico, most recently San Cristobal and Oaxaca which has a wild Patron Saint fiesta!  I love these things, I love to get right in the middle and try to capture the action going on around me.  I became sort of a Fiesta-Head when I first came here, enchanted by the spirit of Fun which is off the Richter Scale in Mexico.  Alas, i have not met any other gringos with the same proclivities. 

Archived