Chapala.com Webboard

Climate Change

Kyle

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't recognize science and all it's "claims" here. I recall that Maincoons has posted here some links to sites proving that all of science is a lie, except when it isn't. Seemingly, none of us have any problems with the so-called harnessing of the electron, but as for demonstrable climate disruption, forget it. I'm half way through Dahr Jamail's latest book, The End of Ice, and it too is full of lies. I recommend it. Sorry, I can't answer your question.

we shall see won't we !? i'm down. i read that the brits are going to generate some civil unrest

to gain some attention to the subject in april. i am too fearful of mexican authorities to pull off

any stunts however. to be honest i consider the mexican police closer to a criminal agency.

may the cosmos have mercy on us all.

2 hours ago, MarkWebles said:

We don't recognize science and all it's "claims" here. I recall that Maincoons has posted here some links to sites proving that all of science is a lie, except when it isn't. Seemingly, none of us have any problems with the so-called harnessing of the electron, but as for demonstrable climate disruption, forget it. I'm half way through Dahr Jamail's latest book, The End of Ice, and it too is full of lies. I recommend it. Sorry, I can't answer your question.

Fake news!!!

No sunspots, equal global cooling. We are at the bottom of the lowest sunspot count in decades (Cycle 25) and many of the solar weather experts are predicting that the global climate will be cooler not hotter. That prediction is based on the solarsunspot count and recorded temperatures for the last thousand years. Tree rings also tell the tale   It’s also a fact that CO2 is making the earth greener so why all of the of doom and gloom?

Perhaps, before you make yourself look even more ridiculous, you should lookup just who these two men are, and then try and convince me that my post wasn't relevant to the topic at hand. I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath.  Oh, I read somewhere that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

it is not a protest but and awareness rally about us all doing what we can to protect our environment and demand our elected officials do the same 

I think the word "demand" gets a lot less consideration. Seen too many people laid off when they had "demands". Just sayin'. 

I guess most of you missed Don Aitken's excellent Open Circle presentation this morning on Global Warming, Climate Change, & Renewable Energy for Mexico. He is an Internationally recognized climate scientist but some of you know more than he does. Odd how thousands of people familiar with his work would disagree with you.

And yes we are at the point of demanding action - the time for 'please consider' has long past. And no I haven't heard about any rally here at Lakeside.

3 hours ago, Paco Loco said:

No sunspots, equal global cooling. We are at the bottom of the lowest sunspot count in decades (Cycle 25) and many of the solar weather experts are predicting that the global climate will be cooler not hotter. That prediction is based on the solarsunspot count and recorded temperatures for the last thousand years. Tree rings also tell the tale   It’s also a fact that CO2 is making the earth greener so why all of the of doom and gloom?

The Earth indeed is getting greener in the Artic North in places in Iceland and Greenland.  Iceland is currently planting forests all over the island.  Sounds cool, but I'm still not sold on the suggestion that this is good for the rest of us.

No problem.  I suggest you true believers organize your own rally and feel free to post the details here.   

Oh and BTW Iceland had forests when the Vikings arrived and they cut them down.  Now Iceland is trying to replant them.  Look it up.

The country lost most of its trees more than a thousand years ago, when Viking settlers took their axes to the forests that covered one-quarter of the countryside. Now Icelanders would like to get some of those forests back, to improve and stabilize the country’s harsh soils, help agriculture and fight climate change.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/20/climate/iceland-trees-reforestation.html

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I bet you think using coal for energy is a good idea too!

I bet you don't have a clue what I think.  :D

Here's a clue for you:  My solar panels make 100 percent of our power usage.  The installers recommended a smaller system that would simply limit outside consumption to the lowest tariff rates but I opted for one that produces over 100%.  Retrofitted my house with all the practical energy saving devices too.   How about you?  Talk is cheap.

BTW the Chinese, the world's biggest polluters, are building coal burning power plants at the fastest rate in the world.  Look it up.

13 hours ago, Paco Loco said:

For a daily report and hundreds of articles go to: suspicious0bservers.org (the o is a zero). I believe in pollution, but the sun rules the climate.

18 hours ago, MarkWebles said:

Why did you warmist clowns have to change the name of "Global Warming" to Climate Change. Of course there is climate change and always has been. It has been hotter on earth than it is now. We now have about 4 ppm carbon dioxide and we have had in the past as much as 4000 ppm. The biosphere grows better with a somewhat higher level than we have now.

No need to publish the links here as you say Mainecoons has already done so.

16 hours ago, Kyle said:

it is not a protest but and awareness rally about us all doing what we can to protect our environment and demand our elected officials do the same 

Let's have it outside in the sun so we can enjoy it and be aware that all the climate on earth comes from the sun. A new solar minimum has begun and it will get cooler annually for years. This may well leave us praying for some warming. However we'd be safe here. But we should worry about the world's agriculture.

Archived