Chapala.com Webboard

Paella

luvsdawgs

Which restaurants offer this on the menu and which of those would you recommend? Also, a friend told me of a new Cuban restaurant on Zaragoza, about a block before Domenech on the lake side and said it was good. He also stated it probably is best for lunch until they expand the menu. 

"Meson Don Quijote" Zaragoza Ote. #29, Ajijic - Call Paola Rebolledo (the owner) - She speaks perfect English.  They will create an excellent Paella to order so just call in advance.  They also make excellent Spanish tortilla.  Lovely spot.  Quiet comfortable location.

The problem I always have with Paella is that the rice and peas get over cooked. Personally my favorite is at Bobby's la Terraza Gourmet  ( http://laterrazaajijic.com/our-food/dinner-menu/  No extra notice or wait time. Which I assume means that it is not a traditional Paella, but it is the best I have had lakeside.  Paella Bobby, saffron rice with chicken, sea bass mussels & shrimp with chorizo in a paprika tomato sauce with a touch of tequila …190 (and THAT includes an appetizer plate, soup and salad at that price). LOVE his new menu and dining concept

44590847_306339746813848_1236312009805398016_n.jpg

Pretty sure Tabarka is not using saffron in their paella rice. No one around here seems to. Not the curry guys at the mall for their Indian rice, nor anyone. Understandable: too expensive here. But I sure miss that flavour. I must therefore try Bobby's.

Archived