Chapala.com Webboard

Bad Experience with TOMZA Gas

To day the guys from TOMZA Gas  made a unscheduled stop and wanted to "fill up" my 300.lt. tank.

I checked the gauge and it was 40% full so I said no thanks. Then the guy said let me top it up and I will give you 100 pesos discount.

So I said Ok.

He filled it to 90/95%, then gave me a bill for 2,689 pesos...No No that can not be, check it with your partner...then came back with a bill for 2,389 pesos!!!!...No No how can you put 217 litros  amount into a 40% full tank....well the price of gas went up last week!!!!!

After a short but serious discussion the guy final settled for 1,690 pesos

I have never had a service from anyone who has been so blatantly trying to cheat me...Beware....  the names on their card , Oscar, Antonio, Victor

A good lesson as to why to never purchase propane from anybody ringing your doorbell and most importantly finding a reliable propane driver and using him exclusively. It’s not the company, it’s the driver. Call your driver directly, not the company for the best service and never, ever do what this poster did which was creating a self made bad experience.

2 hours ago, Al Berca said:

A good lesson as to why to never purchase propane from anybody ringing your doorbell and most importantly finding a reliable propane driver and using him exclusively. It’s not the company, it’s the driver. Call your driver directly, not the company for the best service and never, ever do what this poster did which was creating a self made bad experience.

Here we go again same ole, same ole advice from the Sages of Lakeside.....Of course it's the driver.....

Perhaps you can be  really  helpful me by giving me the code to call the office number which is 8000- 6060, seems they come from  Zapotlane

This company looks just like any other company and the fact that they are allowed into the Fracc gives them some sort of legitimacy  ...

This lying  and cheating just seems to be part of the Mexican culture and just high lite's the challenges facing Pres Obrador 

2 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

We always used Zeta Gaz and always called the office for deliveries. Never a problem, either.

RV..... I appreciate your comments, and I am happy that you were happy with whom you chose .....but sitting as you are thousands of miles away in a different country does not help me...sadly RV things at Lakeside are still the same as when you left...the only consistent thing in Mexico is the inconsistency...Restaurants, Doctors Lawyers, Builders and Candle stick makers...I am really pi**ed that some one should be so blatantly bad, bad, bad.

I too have been overcharged for more liters than my tank could hold by an un named company.

Since then I have followed the advice of others on this web board and have had great service from ZETA GAS.

Go Zeta!!!!!!

21 hours ago, johanson said:

I too have been overcharged for more liters than my tank could hold by an un named company.

Since then I have followed the advice of others on this web board and have had great service from ZETA GAS.

Go Zeta!!!!!!

Ditto. We will stay with Zeta. We've given too many others a chance and ….. all it takes is doing the math. Checking for the zeros is also a very, very good idea if you can do it before they start.

Regards the OP this is not the first report of this kind with this company.  I've seen a number of them over the years.

I sometimes wonder given how frequently we hear reports of gasoline pumps rigged to deliver less than the reading if the same can also be done with the meters on gas trucks.

Luckily my gas tank is located on the ground level and after having been possibly ripped off more than I want to admit, I check the meter on the 500 liter tank and determine that I want to go from where it is now at 40% to say 85% and I figure that this is a 45% increase or a 225 liter increase. So a ask Zeta gas to stop at 85%. And every time it happens, the results are very very close. The amount I get is not exactly 225 liters, because the meter is not very accurate. But because Zeta gas is honest, sometimes the amount I get is a little more or a little less then 225 liters.

I say again, go Zeta, you are the best.

I have a 300 liter tank.  When it reaches about 20%, I call Zeta, and have them put in 200 liters. Always fills the tank to 85-90%. Never been cheated, but then again I speak decent Spanish and keep an eye on them the whole time.

Always ask the price per liter before they fill.

Pete

Peterben, I only need a 300 liter tank, but before I got my hot water solar panels, I needed the larger tank. I bet I was filling it every two months, today with solar  I bet I partially fill the tank once every 8 months or so. Oh well, solar sure is the answer in this climate.

I put two too many electrical solar panels in, just for an emergency, or so I could be wasteful. So far this year I have used my A/C three days, something I would not have done, had I not installed the extra panels.

Go Solar, I shout :)

In November of 2017, I replaced a twenty year old 300 litre tank with one that holds 180 litres. I do not have solar hot water but I do have an on demand flow through heater. Last November my tank was still sitting at 40% but I filled it at the end of December before the propane prices went up (as they usually do in January). I'm happy.

There's a reason there is a well established system for checking weights and measures NOB.  "Thumb on the scale" is that reason.  Not unique to Mexico but the monitoring and safeguards are much weaker here.  I tell newbies to remember this is very much a "buyer beware" country and to act accordingly to minimize rip offs.

"This lying  and cheating just seems to be part of the Mexican culture " statement  can't help but push some of our buttons since it's such a broad condemnation of a people, based on her personal experience with some bad actors.  It's harsh, and if she really feels that way about the place she is living, then the trite retort about going back to where she came from is, essentially, the truth.

Most of us have been lied to or cheated by people wherever we were, but wouldn't apply it to everyone we lived among since most of us have also been treated very well in the same environment.  That's a good reason why people should reflect on what they are posting before pressing the "send" key.🙄

15 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences..Yes I need to be more pro active and plan and go back to Zeta Gaz

I am surprised no one mentioned Gas Los Altoss. Have been using them for many years and no problem. He comes around when he thinks we might be low.Since he knows our habits by now. When he sees we are not,  he very pleasantly leaves. Never asked to top off . name is Javier

Archived