Chapala.com Webboard

Paying for Telcel from outside of Mexico

Chop

I use the Amigo Unlimited Paq (month to month), and would like to try using it north of the border while I am in the US  for a few months.

Does anyone have experience paying from abroad?  Could you outline the steps?

I realize that I could leave money with one of the Telcel offices to pay for the service each month while I am gone, but I'll leave that as a last resort.

This is not actually the answer you are looking for but I pay for my Telcel plan 6 months at a time, leaving money with Ana Romero H at the Telcel store next to Alex Pasta Bar.  There have been no problems and you can see each month's factura on MiTelcel on your phone.

I have a monthly plan. I get a notice every month from Telcel telling me how much is due when. I go online and pay it from my Mexican bank account.

Thanks Cedros and Liliana.   

Liliana - How did you set up automatic payment from the Mexican bank account?  Does your bank account see Telcel as a payee, and then you have a place to enter your cell number as the account?  Not sure where I'd even start.  Currently, my bank account is with Actinver.

6 hours ago, Chop said:

Thanks Cedros and Liliana.   

Liliana - How did you set up automatic payment from the Mexican bank account?  Does your bank account see Telcel as a payee, and then you have a place to enter your cell number as the account?  Not sure where I'd even start.  Currently, my bank account is with Actinver.

Telcel will set it up for you.  Go to the office and tell them what you want.  Once they set it up, it's paid automatically--you don't have to do anything except notice that the $$ has been taken out of your bank account, so you know the bill is paid.

Archived