Chapala.com Webboard

Is the law? Mandatory annual raises for maids & gardeners?

kimanjome

On 2/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, AngusMactavish said:

Seems nobody ever wishes to admit they might be paying too much.

Actually, I interviewed Letitia and her quote was approximately the same as what I am paying our maid now! But now we pay supplies, pay aquinaldo, etc. So Letitia was a bit less expensive.

Why I did not use her is that my husband prefers to have someone he is very comfortable with, who can call the Bonifant water guys when our bottles are running low, who will cook for him if I am out of town, will housesit if we go on vacation, who will keep an eagle eye on any stranger (worker) who steps foot in our house. She is very territorial and doesn't let anyone take advantage of us. She is more like a housekeeper than a maid.

She is part-time, 3 days a week, as is the gardener.

On 3/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, More Liana said:

The above extraction from Mexican labor law pertains ONLY to FULL TIME EMPLOYEES.  Full time means working 5 and a half days a week, regular working hours.  This does NOT apply to part-time household help.  "Moral person" (persona moral) is a business; physical person (persona física) is an individual.  It is not necessary or required that one pay IMSS for a part-time worker or his/her family.

Thanks for clarifying, More Liana.

Archived