Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of water

Drew

I live in Chula Vista, We have our own well system separate from SIMAPA but we charge the same usage rates to our residents. Our usage is measured monthly.

I do have an irritation system and a pool. I estimate irrigation accounts for half my water usage.

I'm embarrassed to say I will pay approximately 9,000 pesos for water this year. Embarrassed because of the irrigation consumption and because the water supplied by our wells is potable and a shame to use for irrigation.

SunFan

3 hours ago, Referdude said:

SunFan,  do you and your neighbors routinely drink water from the tap unfiltered?

Have been doing so for 7 years. The water is tested daily for chlorine and every 3 months by a lab in Guadalajara for heavy metals, arsenic, bacteria etc..

SunFan, I rent in "lower" Chula Vista and have always been cautious about drinking tap water here.  In your opinion, do the testing and claims about the clean Chula Vista water apply to every Chula Vista household?

4 hours ago, Carolina said:

SunFan, I rent in "lower" Chula Vista and have always been cautious about drinking tap water here.  In your opinion, do the testing and claims about the clean Chula Vista water apply to every Chula Vista household?

Yes

I was on their Board in the past (2013/15) and have first hand knowledge. Water is Chula Vista's almost unique feature at Lakeside. A real plus. Potable water 24X7X365 and not at spa temperature.

SunFan

I know this is about Gringolandia but, here in Roca Azul right out my back door I have my own deep well. About 30 meters deep with a submersible pump. Nice to have plenty of good clear water. I do not drink it though.   

Archived