Chapala.com Webboard

78-80° Simapa water Temp in Aljibi, Upper Riberas

mkshawn

Have you tested the temperature of the water going INTO the aljibe? depending on the water source it could be warm to start with. In our frac the well water is cool but certainly not cold.

If where your aljibe sits in your yard in relation to full sun (yes I know they are underground) that may cause a rise in temperature too. We have been experiencing unseasonably warm weather and it is only February.

Aljibe is under the carport so little direct soar gain/heating. I could drain to lower the level below the float then place a bucket under the outlet to take a reading? The last time the Aljibe was cleaned the plumber had a problem with the pump & I really do not know if they knew what they were doing.

The temp at the outlet water is the same  as around the pump, not conclusive so I believe I will test the incoming water temp in a bucket. We had large seismic event here a few yrs ago so anything is possible, until we can eliminate all other sources. Strange but I always wished for radiant heating, now i may be the lucky guy except?

I'm going to stick my neck out here. I do think that there was a "seismic" event in Riberas over the weekend but I don't know what day it was only that it occurred in the afternoon. The last time I heard that noise was in La Huerta but the line of ripple came right through the table that I was sitting at. The table went up and down and the chair I was sitting in also went up and down. I heard a roaring sound and rumbling that sounded similar to a freight train approaching. The visual, from my chair, looked like something out of horror movie involving a king sized mole burrowing underground from the corner of the garden but the ground flattened behind it as it came toward me. Scared the crap out of me... and shortly thereafter, the gas line had to be rerouted over the roof because it was "broken" in the floor. Also had to have the sliding glass doors adjusted because they would no longer close properly. That roaring and rumbling like an approaching freight train is what I heard in the afternoon over this past weekend in lower Riberas close to the 711. I tensed and waited for the upheaval but it didn't happen in my house. Nobody else reported it on any of the forums so I didn't say anything either. But, maybe that is why your cistern water heated up?

Okay. Flame away. But was I the only one who heard that noise? Sure as hell wasn't a dump truck because I've been hearing those for over six months while they build the house next door.

Similar issue with the warm water in our house a couple of years ago..Turned out to be the submersible pump which we replaced and the issue was solved..The electric will usage will also increase, so will your CFE  bill.

In Chapala, it was common to see hot water coming out of the occasional broken water main in the street.  Yes, some of the deep wells are thermally heated, as the entire area is rather geothermal and hot springs are popular.  I though everyone was aware of that.

Find out from SIMAPA what the water temp is on the well that feeds your area.  This is one of the parameters that is tested on a regular basis by Agua Jalisco on all municipal wells part of Standard  NOM-127-SSA1-1994.  As an example - the wells I take care of showed a reading of 30C when the last sampling was done in August 2018 (privately managed system east of Chapala near San Juan).

Most Interesting comments, Tks!

Over the weekend the pool water was moving before the pump started, but no wind or diving birds having a bath? This yr overnight the pool water temp might drop 1-2° no pool cover? Pool temp is the same as Aljibe water temp?

Ezzie I will follow up with Simapa, Tomas I am going to have the Aljibe cleaned again & will have the pump wiring inspected, I know the pump casing is warm/hot to the touch.

Archived