Chapala.com Webboard

Shopping for Monitor

Zeb

You can use whatever you want that works.

In reality, I could be using my 50 inch wall mounted TV as a monitor since my laptop is connected via an HDMI cable to it. That is how I watch TV with my laptop.  I leave the HDMI cable in place all the time which gives me the added pleasure of not being able to hear any of the videos when I'm reading the news. Cables available at Steren's and mine is 27 feet long. Works for me.

7 hours ago, Zeb said:

I know several places to buy monitors (Costco, Wal-mart, Best Buy? I want one for watching TV, Netflix.  I'd appreciate any comments on place to get a good price.  I will also need one of those full motion mounts.

My friend has a large curved monitor that he is selling.  I am wondering how you plan to mount it.  His has a desktop mount and it is approximately 49" and he is asking 21,000 pesos.  If you want to explore further please send me a message.

4 hours ago, Arroyos said:

My friend has a large curved monitor that he is selling.  I am wondering how you plan to mount it.  His has a desktop mount and it is approximately 49" and he is asking 21,000 pesos.  If you want to explore further please send me a message.

This is for TV watching and that is too expensive, but thank you.

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

I was just there and they have plenty.  Maybe I should describe as TV.

No, there are no monitors available for sale as standalone at WalMart or Soriana. Only with computers. Unless, suddenly, everything has changed.

Ah, you are talking about TV sets? That's different. Coppel will also have them, but I find them decidedly more costly. CostCo has good prices but only on very large sets, and only when on sale. WalMart and Soriana are your best bet, and you need to compare between the two stores. Both stores also carry wall mounts.

Archived