Chapala.com Webboard

New restaurant

Kyle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Carl's Jr. Absolutely the worst fast-food hamburger in existence. Can't even eat it if it isn't smothered in BBQ sauce.

Maybe it would be better smothered in gravy and cheese curds.  HAHAHA

On 3/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, Kyle said:

And why do Diet Coke with that meal?  I never could understand people doing that.  Not judging just wondering.

If you are a diabetic and get low blood sugar you are told to drink a coke or other full strength soft drink.  This will immediately raise your blood sugar.  A hamburger may have the same number or more carbs but they act more slowly allowing your body to adjust.  So a diet drink helps control your blood sugar.  Also some people like myself prefers the taste of a diet coke over the real thing.

Ate there yesterday with some friends and found the service to be very poor. The wait staff seemed to be more interested in talking on their cell phones to attend to customers. The food was good but a bit on the pricey side. 

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

Meanwhile, has anyone bothered to read the latest research on the effects of diet drinks on the human body? Doesn't sound like it. 

Which studies, the ones that say they are going to kill us all or the ones that say they are okay in moderation or the ones that say they are no problem whatsoever?

Remember years ago when studies showed that cyclamates, or aspartame or something killed rats, so we better stop using it. Later it was revealed that the rats were fed the equivalent of several 18-wheeler truckloads of the stuff.

9 minutes ago, gringal said:

For those who are much to busy to bother doing searches, here's one: (there are many many more, including ones paid for by those making millions off the sale of these drinks)

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/diet-sodas-raise-risk-dementia-stroke-study-finds-n749051

Oh, yeah. I forgot to include the They Are Going To Make You Demented study! Sorry about that. 

11 hours ago, mcintlm said:

Ate there yesterday with some friends and found the service to be very poor. The wait staff seemed to be more interested in talking on their cell phones to attend to customers. The food was good but a bit on the pricey side. 

Must be same service staff as at Montana.  Poor service is why I wrote Montana off my list of places to go.  Maybe same management train them. 

Although I would not choose drinking a Coke at a meal, I am a borderline type 2 diabetic. And as long as I minimize my sugar content, my AIC stays just below the danger level. So I almost never eat or drink anything with lots of sugar. So far, no problem, but should I consume as much sugar as some sugar as some of you do, I would be a type to diabetic.

Once I read that a hamburger and fries is $180.00 and tea is $35 I lost all interest in the new restaurant. Perhaps others have too. It seems that when a thread strays off topic and stays there it is because the OP has been answered or there simply is no further interest in the topic. 

56 minutes ago, Xena said:

Once I read that a hamburger and fries is $180.00 and tea is $35 I lost all interest in the new restaurant. Perhaps others have too. It seems that when a thread strays off topic and stays there it is because the OP has been answered or there simply is no further interest in the topic. 

I agree.  It seems as though it's time to shut this thread down.

Archived