Chapala.com Webboard

New restaurant

Kyle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is open.  I believe the name is C and L  or CL.  We ate there today.  They have a limited menu but the hamburger/fries and eggs and chilaquiles were of ample portion and tasty.  The iced tea not so much as it is flavored but some may like it.  Prices are a little high but not more than a lot of restaurants have begun to charge.  The service was very good and the place itself is very comfortable.  It is the same people that had Cafe Montana that closed a few weeks ago and it was said they were remodeling but then nothing happened and it hasn't opened up again.  I guess this new restaurant is the reason.  They just opened in a different location.   

I agree,  Cafe Montana under capable hands would have done well.  I ate there one time and didn't go back.  Same people will have same problems so I will save my money.

This is second hand from a friend as I haven't eaten there. She said it is not all the same people. She said she's enjoyed the food - don't remember what she said she had eaten. The owner/manager plans to buy locally as much as possible. He feels the food is fresher and it helps the local economy. Makes sense to me.

Sorry for my misinformation.  I made the assumption that the waitress knew who the owners were.  At any rate, much the same food.  A hamburger and fries is $180.00 and tea is $35.  Chilaquiles were either $70 or $75 as were the scrambled eggs with a little bit of refried beans.   

22 hours ago, rafterbr said:

I agree,  Cafe Montana under capable hands would have done well.  I ate there one time and didn't go back.  Same people will have same problems so I will save my money.

Agree went there once and just did the Libertad. Again once is enough for me.

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

And why do Diet Coke with that meal?  I never could understand people doing that.  Not judging just wondering.

Maybe he has to or wants to control his sugar intake.

Not everyone wants to eat healthy all the time 😀.

However, besides the carbs intake, artificial sweeteners in McDonald's diet coke are a lot worse for human body and health than regular sugar.

McDonalds also used to fry french fries in beef fat for better taste. Now it's fried in vegetable oil but added beef flavor.

Beef flavor comes from boiling beef bones to make thick soup, removing the top fat, and dry blowing the soup to powder. So they are not for vegetarians or vegans.

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

And why do Diet Coke with that meal?  I never could understand people doing that.  Not judging just wondering.

I guess millions of people can't be perfect like you.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:37 AM, Kyle said:

Carbs turn to sugar so that hamburger, bun and all the extras is sugar.  

You answered your own statement. Yes, carbs do convert to sugar, but that is the meal. Some people don't want to add additional sugar by drinking sugary drinks like regular sofa or juices. If I remember correctly the body spends more energy converting carbs and absorb it slower than processing surgery drinks. 

So what is your prefect diet as you feel you have to make comments about others?

16 hours ago, johanson said:

I was at McDonalds today in Guadalajara, and had a great double very large cheeseburger (with bacon) and a diet coke for less than that. It was fantastic

The person I am upset with is johanson. He was in the neighborhood and he didn't invite me to go to Mickey D's.  HAHAHA

Later I would have taken him to Carl's Jr.  HAHAHA

3 minutes ago, Tiny said:

The person I am upset with is johanson. He was in the neighborhood and he didn't invite me to go to Mickey D's.  HAHAHA

But you paid my bill, Tiny, at least I thought that was you.

Archived