Chapala.com Webboard

Late Night Dining Options?

thevalerieleigh

Going to LLT's "Same Deep Water As Me" on Saturday, show starts at 7:30, out by 9:45 or so.  Who is open at least until 10-10:30 for a sit-down meal?  I know the taquerias but was hoping for something a little more elegant.

As always, thanks in advance,

Valerie  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Another request for who's open after 8 pm on Sundays.  Going to Spotlight this Sunday and the show ends around 8 pm.  Does anyone know which restaurants would still be open then?

As always, many thanks!

Oh dear, NOOOO!!!!  Please!!!!  Hoping someone is open late for Sunday evening dinner (not a taco stand).  Have friends coming in from GDL to enjoy the show and would love to dine afterwards.

Thanks!

Cenadurias are open after 7PM, and are virtually unknown to most expats. Good food, always!  Restaurants catering to expats just find it very difficult to survive on expats, who eat at non-Mexican hours and have their 'large meal' at the 'wrong time of day'.  That is why a typical Mexican restaurant closes at 5PM, with the specialized 'cenadurias' opening later for those in the neighborhood who may want a traditional meal after work & before bedtime.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, thevalerieleigh said:

Oh dear, NOOOO!!!!  Please!!!!  Hoping someone is open late for Sunday evening dinner (not a taco stand).  Have friends coming in from GDL to enjoy the show and would love to dine afterwards.

Thanks!

Obviously your friends are not part of the octogenarian crew that sets the closing times rules for ex-pat restaurants in the Lake Chapala area.:D

Go cenaduria as RV says or over to Dalila´s as Angus says.

Mario's sounds terrific!  Can you tell me where, exactly, in San Antonio he's located?

Many thanks!

Val

P.S.  No, this group is in our 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's, LOL.  We enjoy late nights!  :)

Archived