Chapala.com Webboard

Chiropractor

JimnJoyce

He has very expensive machines; three of them. I use him for my back, but told him many times I won't spend that kind of money.

As I told you before, Yo1, check his credentials in his newspaper and magazine ads. It is illegal to advertise anything in the licensed professions without using your cedula. Look at every professional ad in the The Reporter and The Ojo.

15 minutes ago, JimnJoyce said:

So, to him did I seem vulnerable/gullible...

Any of those kind of quacks depend on it.

"Chiropractic is a freak offshoot from osteopathy. Disease, say the chiropractors, is due to pressure on the spinal nerves; ergo it can be cured by 'adjusting' the spinal column. It is the sheerest quackery, and those who profess to teach it make their appeal to the cupidity of the ignorant. Its practice is in no sense a profession but a trade – and a trade that is potent for great harm. It is carried on almost exclusively by those of no education, ignorant of anatomy, ignorant even of the fundamental sciences on which the treatment of disease depends."  -Susan L. Smith-Cunnien. A profession of one's own: organized medicine's opposition to chiropractic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

"Chiropractic is a freak offshoot from osteopathy. Disease, say the chiropractors, is due to pressure on the spinal nerves; ergo it can be cured by 'adjusting' the spinal column. It is the sheerest quackery, and those who profess to teach it make their appeal to the cupidity of the ignorant. Its practice is in no sense a profession but a trade – and a trade that is potent for great harm. It is carried on almost exclusively by those of no education, ignorant of anatomy, ignorant even of the fundamental sciences on which the treatment of disease depends."  -Susan L. Smith-Cunnien. A profession of one's own: organized medicine's opposition to chiropractic

Not even gonna look up that person's credentials. All I can say, chiropractic has saved my bacon many times. Birch pulled off a miracle two years ago when I was hobbling around on a cane. And people here who know me will tell you I don't go in for anything homeo, including proven practices that my own friends swear by.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, JimnJoyce said:

Yes this reads 34 thousand pesos. Also, he will not provide a receipt for those who could make an insurance claim. 

Dr. Birch.JPG

Dr. Youcha is the only one Lakeside as far as we know with a cedula and he had been doing this work for 40 years . He is a doctor. Went to chiropractic school at Northwestern University and is the 60th certified chiropractor in Mexico. Teaches special classes in Mexico City and other Latin American countries . He has an associate, Roberto who I hear is also very good  and also someone who comes in to do acupuncture. Dr. Youcha is the real deal. We have been to quite a few in the states and My wife's first visit was pretty amazing considering she was walking real straight with no pain after her first visit. Initial visit for my wife was 1750 pesos. Each session afterwards has been 750. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, michael2595 said:

Dr. Youcha is the only one Lakeside as far as we know with a cedula and he had been doing this work for 40 years . He is a doctor. Went to chiropractic school at Northwestern University and is the 60th certified chiropractor in Mexico. Teaches special classes in Mexico City and other Latin American countries . He has an associate, Roberto who I hear is also very good  and also someone who comes in to do acupuncture. Dr. Youcha is the real deal. We have been to quite a few in the states and My wife's first visit was pretty amazing considering she was walking real straight with no pain after her first visit. Initial visit for my wife was 1750 pesos. Each session afterwards has been 750. 

Not to confuse anyone this is NOT Northwestern University the fine academic university in Evanston, Illinois. He must of went to Northwestern Health Sciences University in Minnesota. I have no idea whatsoever if it is a good school for Chiropractic study. It may very well be, but it not affiliated with Northwestern University.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, Apachewoman said:

What are his credentials.?

Unbelievable cost!

In USA and Europe, 20 minute sessions are charged out an average of $40 US

IN PESOS...$740 more or less....

😕

Where in Europe.. Europe is big.. In France it is 22 euros some charge over the going rate but the SS rate is 22 euros.. 

On 2/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, josearturozaah said:

I have used Dr. Victor Youcha in the past years.

... Dr. Youcha. West side of Ajijic in the big Gym building, downstairs. ... 

...Dr Youcha is licensed in mexico.  He's help my back and shoulders.  No where near the prices this posting shows.

2019-02-19_15-16-16.jpg

He is the very best

Dr. Youcha does not live here anymore. Dr. Roberto Montoya D.C. . MVZ  who is  Dr. Youcha partner in the past. They worked closely for a lot of years.  Roberto still works in the same office as they both used in the past.  He has all his papers and CED. PROF.    I have been treated by both Victor and Roberto.  Do not be shy about  seeing Dr Roberto. His english is very good. His style is a little bit more physical than Victor.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, michael2595 said:

Victor is not the only one with a cedula in Lakeside.  

On 2/19/2019 at 6:17 PM, AngusMactavish said:

Never before have I heard such crap.  Susan is just plain wrong and must be a tool of the AMA.  Angus go read the history of the AMA before you spout this crap. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Angus try reading some history of the AMA instead of being a smartass.  You might learn something.

The thread is about chiropractic, not the AMA. Let's talk about that instead of being a dumbass.

• Sad 2

The American Chiropractic Association has long claimed that the American Medical Association discriminates against chiropractors by limiting “patient access to care by chiropractic physicians and all other duly licensed non-M.D.” But the AMA is not being discriminatory here — they are acting in the interest of their patients. Medical doctors often refer patients to the proper experts, and outside of a narrow scope of experts, this rarely includes someone who is a “duly-licensed non-M.D.,” because that person’s views on medicine would not be aligned with their standards of care. A doctor is not a doctor is not a doctor.

If this leaves you asking “so when should I go to a chiropractor?” Well, that’s like asking if you should go to a tarot card reader as a complement to your psychiatrist. Simply put: There is scant medical evidence that a chiropractor is your best treatment option for... anything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1