Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet in SAT

CalGal

My Telmex internet has been going out more and more these days.  It's more off than on throughout the day.  How widespread is this problem in San Antonio (or is it just me)?  I can't wait until Ilox is up and running!!!  This is SO frustrating.

According to the Telmex computer, I live 1070 meters from where I am connected to the internet (Dslam) card or in my case their Ajijic office.  And because I live close to Telmex, I get great speeds for my neighborhood (12 down) and it is very reliable 99% of the time. I guess it depends upon where you live. Because it sure has a bad reputation in many other neighborhoods.

34 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

Telmex recently increased our speed in Chapala Haciendas to a steady 15-16 down and 3-4 up. 

As specifically as you would be comfortable with, could you please mention where in CH you are located?  Some time ago, I heard that only certain areas in CH enjoy that class of bandwidth, and I have interest in a lot which if it is served by decent net speeds might get more interesting.  Thanks. 

19 hours ago, El congrejo said:

So if you dumped Telmex, replacing it with a Telcel mobile phone and modem, would that be a viable option?

I have several neighbors who have Telcel internet and their service is not much better.  I'm going to try to hang in there for Ilox service.

Archived