Chapala.com Webboard

jonnyintrouble?

pedro malo

I appreciate your giving us your thoughts. That being said, I would appreciate you more if you would refrain from posting on every topic and if you would confine your posts to helpful comments on the topic. If you are not willing to do this, you are reducing the value of this board to me and others, and I think you should be permanently banned.

4 hours ago, JayBearII said:

I appreciate your giving us your thoughts. That being said, I would appreciate you more if you would refrain from posting on every topic and if you would confine your posts to helpful comments on the topic. If you are not willing to do this, you are reducing the value of this board to me and others, and I think you should be permanently banned.

This is a really sad post, JB. It is your way, or the Highway, eh? So now you want to kill free speech SOB also !  :(

Jonny has an agile mind and likes to exercise it. Perhaps he does get a bit agressive at times, but I think he is just looking for company and conversation. When he gets an interesting response, the interaction is usually quite a bit of fun, and sometimes even entertaining.  Enlightenment may come into play with time. However, if a response is antagonistic, Jonny is perfectly capable of retaliation in kind, but likely to be fair, and to stay just below the 'banning level".

Too much is boring, but many posts are quite entertaining. Others may chose the 'Ignore Function', or just scroll on......

Very simple how not to get a time out or ban here.  Don't engage in personalities or personal attacks.  Address topics not other posters.  Don't use the big cuss words.   All that is required is when you disagree, don't be disagreeable.  Remember this is a site sponsored by a prominent local real estate company.  Ya can't sell or rent your houses here.  They don't want a lot of crime posting.  There are plenty of alternatives for that including Facebook and Insidelakeside.com  Use those resources for that topic.

We mods try to walk a fine line between cracking down on every snipe versus letting things get to the point where it is just personalities and intolerance for different opinions.  We aren't perfect.  You want perfect, die and go to heaven.  :D

5 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Too much is boring, but many posts are quite entertaining. Others may chose the 'Ignore Function', or just scroll on......

"Ignore" and "scroll on" are the choices for anyone offended by johnny, but the Narcissistic will stay and fight johnny and provoke others.

I dispute your notion about "white" Mexicans. The last time I saw statistics, white Mexicans are about 15% of the population. Most of them are in CDMX. Many of them feel that they, and their children, face a bit of a glass ceiling, mobility wise. I don't mean light skin Mexican beauties, like Eydie Gorme, they have fared well.

It reminds me of that Little Britain series when "Daffyd continually complains he is the only gay in village". This clip is a bit raunchy, in parts, but it is very funny, a rare live theatre production with a chorus dance at the end. It should be rated mature - but I think that is the vastly overwhelming majority here. British satire at it's best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbFHgv7rCxs

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

I never knew Eydie Gorme was Mexican

You are right - she is Jewish from a Sicilian father, and a Turkish mother. She was so fluent in Spanish, I assumed she was Mexican, or Spanish. Beautiful songstress, especially when she played with Los Panchos (who are Puerto Rican). She had many hits in Latin America.

For RV Gringo:

On 2/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, jonnyintrouble said:

Amazing ain't it?  I'd say 80% of the friction comes from the Happy Hour girls.  No girl, if you left the board would get better.  

I would appreciate you more if you ... You think I'm here to please you, whoever you are?  But sure I was posting too much.  But now that I know it bothers you I'll just have to continue.  

That said?  Have you no idea how lame that expression is in 2019?  Canadian?  

See Johnny, that is exactly the type of offensive, personal comment that leads to you getting banned or getting a time-out. I wonder why you feel the need to continually make snide comments about the ones you perceive to be older females on this forum. "Happy Hour Girls", "Sewing circle", not to mention disparaging comments about older female anatomy, paint you as a dismissive misogynist. In fact, you know nothing about the women on these forums, yet you assume we get together for happy hours and gossip talk while working on our quilting.

Maybe try to curb those tendencies and stick to interesting posts and helpful or humorous comments. Because those aren't humorous comments to anyone but you and don't add anything of value to this board.

12 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I wonder why you feel the need to continually make snide comments about the ones you perceive to be older females on this forum. "Happy Hour Girls", "Sewing circle", not to mention disparaging comments about older female anatomy, paint you as a dismissive misogynist.

There is no age in its description, ma'am.

misogyny noun

: a hatred of women

30 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

See Johnny, that is exactly the type of offensive, personal comment that leads to you getting banned or getting a time-out. I wonder why you feel the need to continually make snide comments about the ones you perceive to be older females on this forum. "Happy Hour Girls", "Sewing circle", not to mention disparaging comments about older female anatomy, paint you as a dismissive misogynist. In fact, you know nothing about the women on these forums, yet you assume we get together for happy hours and gossip talk while working on our quilting.

Maybe try to curb those tendencies and stick to interesting posts and helpful or humorous comments. Because those aren't humorous comments to anyone but you and don't add anything of value to this board.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:49 AM, IMBurnen said:

What nonsense. If you don't like what you're reading, don't. This is a forum based on, I hope, freedom of expression. I find Jonny's notes to have meaning at times, at others not so much. But banning? Are there pitchforks and torches next? Shame.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

Someone seems to need to. So, you hate men, eh?

Say what? What in the world would lead you to that conclusion? No, I like as many of the men I know as I do the women I know. Might actually have more male friends than female. I don't like men who make general disparaging comments about women. Said poster has made many personal attacks on various men on this board, but when it comes to women, he presumes to know all about us in a collective manner. That would be an example of misogyny.

Archived