Chapala.com Webboard

Taxis service

artsnob

Sorry, but no recommendations, but like you, we have been using Miramontes for years as well.  I don't want to "find out the hard way" that they are unreliable.

Since there are several in the family, is only one unreliable, or the entire family?

I'm sure others want to know the answer, but feel free to PM me if you want to.

This is from Paco 

There is already a lot of service from drivers and some want to hang up on the Miramontes surname or some relatives but there are others who are more unpunctual and unkind. Of the direct family are only Francisco my father his nickname Pancho then Paulo then Francisco son "Paco" I mean Luis and Miguel to the last Pedro Zamora my brother-in-law only us.

i hope this helps! 

When a poster makes an accusation of "unreliability", fairness requires that the specific incident and person responsible be cited.  It wasn't.

I've used the services of the Miramontes family for years and they have not only been reliable, some of the family have gone far beyond just giving me a ride. As misfortune would have it, I had multiple medically related trips to Guadalajara last year.  The Miramontes driver served as translator when I went for an MRI on two occasions.  (My hearing is nearly as bad as my Spanish, so his offer to help was most welcome.) 

Their vehicles are always in good repair and they are careful drivers. They charged me by the hour.  I don't know what the current rates are.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, artsnob said:

I have been using Miramontes taxi service for thirty years. All of a sudden they have become very unreliable. Can someone recommend a taxi service ,I use a taxi regularly. 

This is a serious problem. Please tell us which Miramontes and what time of day. We don't need to find out at 04:30 when leaving for airport. PM me if yo feel compelled to keep it private.

The biggest problem I've had with Miramontes over the years is that he shows up 15 minutes early for those very early flights. He got us to the airport on time about 5 weeks ago near the peak of the gasoline shortage. 

It would be nice to hear about local taxi drivers. Often we have guests that ask who to call.

We have lived here 10 years and have used the Miramontes the entire time. We travel at least 5-7 times a year and have used them as driver for medical procedures in Guadalajara. I have recommended them to many people. They have ALWAYS been reliable. From the many posts here it looks like artsnob is the only one who has had a problem. Perhaps it was a miscommunication since he didn’t give specifics.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, Honorandfaith said:

I use Mattias, he has always been reliable (at 4 AM), and his fee to the airport from Ajijic is $400. His cell is 331.333.5961. Speaks a little English, clean car, good driver. 

Waited two days and he never returned my call or message.   Thumbs down on Mattias!

Archived