Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Oatsie

Police in Ontario free 43 Mexicans brought to Canada

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Is this relevant to Lakeside News????

Only if you care about citizens of the country in which you live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it maybe should have gone somewhere else, but I greatly appreciated the opportunity to read this posting; something I might not have done were it posted where-ever that should have been posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Only if you care about citizens of the country in which you live.

Thank you for explaining the  rules...if its of any consequences I to hurt for the many National's  being exploited by the local Gringos 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the  story reports:

".....After the victims were rescued, Greenwood said they went to a Barrie and Area Victim Services centre, where they were offered hot showers, food and clothing, and given medical assessments. Interpreters were made available, she said.

"I am pleased to announce that all of the victims have been offered employment and accommodations at a local resort," she said....

... Barnum added the workers are now here legally. ....."

Very proud that Canada took that option, rather than shunting them on to a bus and sending them packing!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Natasha said:

Part of the  story reports:

".....After the victims were rescued, Greenwood said they went to a Barrie and Area Victim Services centre, where they were offered hot showers, food and clothing, and given medical assessments. Interpreters were made available, she said.

"I am pleased to announce that all of the victims have been offered employment and accommodations at a local resort," she said....

... Barnum added the workers are now here legally. ....."

Very proud that Canada took that option, rather than shunting them on to a bus and sending them packing!

Both the USA and Canada typically keep the trafficked persons in order to have them available to assist with the investigations and prosecution of the Trafficers. We can hope that this prosecution is being developed as we speak.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for explaining the  rules...if its of any consequences I to hurt for the many National's  being exploited by the local Gringos 

as I am a gringo, I like to feel I bring nothing but benefits to my adopted country . I spend my money in the community, I pay taxes and I am an employer in my business. I think of it as buttering the bread for Mexicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bobby brown said:

as I am a gringo, I like to feel I bring nothing but benefits to my adopted country . I spend my money in the community, I pay taxes and I am an employer in my business. I think of it as buttering the bread for Mexicans.

Oh, boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that most Mexicans are not fond of buttered bread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for explaining the  rules...if its of any consequences I to hurt for the many National's  being exploited by the local Gringos 

I hate to be a troll; but as a gringo I never hurt anybody..a s I walk the earth I only bring goodness

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone please remind me how to put a Poster on ‘Ignore’....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickS said:

Someone please remind me how to put a Poster on ‘Ignore’....

Upper right corner here has your user name. Click on that. “Ignored Users” is one of the menu options. Click on that and at the top it offers Add Ignored User option for blessed relief.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Xena. I too forgot how to get rid of the hemorrhoid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...