Chapala.com Webboard

Police in Ontario free 43 Mexicans brought to Canada

Oatsie

Part of the  story reports:

".....After the victims were rescued, Greenwood said they went to a Barrie and Area Victim Services centre, where they were offered hot showers, food and clothing, and given medical assessments. Interpreters were made available, she said.

"I am pleased to announce that all of the victims have been offered employment and accommodations at a local resort," she said....

... Barnum added the workers are now here legally. ....."

Very proud that Canada took that option, rather than shunting them on to a bus and sending them packing!

23 hours ago, Natasha said:

Part of the  story reports:

".....After the victims were rescued, Greenwood said they went to a Barrie and Area Victim Services centre, where they were offered hot showers, food and clothing, and given medical assessments. Interpreters were made available, she said.

"I am pleased to announce that all of the victims have been offered employment and accommodations at a local resort," she said....

... Barnum added the workers are now here legally. ....."

Very proud that Canada took that option, rather than shunting them on to a bus and sending them packing!

Both the USA and Canada typically keep the trafficked persons in order to have them available to assist with the investigations and prosecution of the Trafficers. We can hope that this prosecution is being developed as we speak.  

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for explaining the  rules...if its of any consequences I to hurt for the many National's  being exploited by the local Gringos 

as I am a gringo, I like to feel I bring nothing but benefits to my adopted country . I spend my money in the community, I pay taxes and I am an employer in my business. I think of it as buttering the bread for Mexicans.

12 hours ago, bobby brown said:

as I am a gringo, I like to feel I bring nothing but benefits to my adopted country . I spend my money in the community, I pay taxes and I am an employer in my business. I think of it as buttering the bread for Mexicans.

Oh, boy.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, lakeside7 said:

Thank you for explaining the  rules...if its of any consequences I to hurt for the many National's  being exploited by the local Gringos 

I hate to be a troll; but as a gringo I never hurt anybody..a s I walk the earth I only bring goodness

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Someone please remind me how to put a Poster on ‘Ignore’....

Upper right corner here has your user name. Click on that. “Ignored Users” is one of the menu options. Click on that and at the top it offers Add Ignored User option for blessed relief.

Archived