Chapala.com Webboard

Seamstress for alterations

gringal

I need a number of hems altered.  Normally, I'd take them to the seamstress on 16 de Septiembre, but she has some health problems interfering with taking on work. I've taken work to Rosie on Ocampo in the past, but my own physical limitations don't allow climbing that  step to enter her shop.  Any other recommendations would be much appreciated.  (I'd prefer close to Ajijic.)

There is a cleaners on the north (mountain) side of the carreterra, west Ajijic, who does a great job on simple alterations, hems, etc.   I don't know the name of the cleaners, but they are just east of Casa de Waffle, on the hill going out of Ajijic.   I've had pants hemmed for less than $100pesos.

By far the best is Rosario on Ocampo, north (mountain) side a block or so west of Colon. She has a laundry sewing place with an open front and she is always sitting right there behind her sewing machine. She made some window dressings for me years ago and I have always referred others who are all happy campers. Tell her Dennis sent you. 

Thanks to all for your suggestions.  After one of your suggestions, I have decided to go to the Women' Coop around the corner from me on Monday and talk to the lady about doing the job. Their seamstresses do beautiful work. (If I weren't too lazy to iron often, I'd have bought their embroidered blouses.  Some of them are works of art!)😉

Just FYI:  The lady who speaks English is coming on Tuesday.  The Monday lady speaks no English and my Spanish isn't good enough to explain what was needed in the alterations.  (I know:  It's my problem, not the Monday lady's.)

So later, I went to the Expert Cleaners and after standing around quite a while, the clerk finally said they didn't know if they could do it or how much.

Tomorrow, we'll try the San Antonio person. 

The search goeth on.🙃

Archived