Chapala.com Webboard

Shoe repair

Curmudgeon

I've used two: one is on the carretera, mountainside, a block or so west of Colon. To get to the other, go up Juárez mountainside and make the first right (paralleling the carretera) and he's mid-block on the right. Both fixed what needed fixin'.

55 minutes ago, jrod said:

I've used two: one is on the carretera, mountainside, a block or so west of Colon. To get to the other, go up Juárez mountainside and make the first right (paralleling the carretera) and he's mid-block on the right. Both fixed what needed fixin'.

I highly recommend the former.  Fast service at a very reasonable price.  Wish I could recall the address but I believe it is just beyond the DHL office. My experiences at the other shop have been mixed - with the owner often absent and having to drop off shoes at another shop across the street.

6 hours ago, Orygun Duck said:

I highly recommend the former.  Fast service at a very reasonable price.  Wish I could recall the address but I believe it is just beyond the DHL office. My experiences at the other shop have been mixed - with the owner often absent and having to drop off shoes at another shop across the street.

It's actually two or three doors west of the window/mirror shops on the mountain side of the carretera.

There's a shop in Chapala I have used a number of times. It is a couple of blocks east of Madero on Degollado at the intersection with Privada de Degollado.  I usually have to leave the shoes for a week, but the prices are good and I've always been happy with their work.

Archived