Chapala.com Webboard

Article in MX Daily opinion section

ibarra

This whole story could be true, or it could be a work of fiction.  Who knows.

My experience of Mexico News Daily has been that their articles are often full of misstatements, their headlines are clickbait, and their 'facts' are far from truth.  YMMV.

I don't read the website much anymore but, if I remember correctly, the vast majority of the content is simply translated from news stories published in the Mexican media. So holding Mexico News Daily responsible for perceived factual errors in the original reports seems unfair. I suppose the staff of Mexico News Daily is responsible for the headlines to the extent that they may vary from the original Spanish headlines. But since I've never compared the Mexico News Daily headlines to the originals I really have no opinion on the quality of those headlines. Considering the piss-poor state of the Mexican media in general, I appreciate the correctness and clarity of language used in the reports published on their website. Again, if I remember correctly, about the only original content on the website are various opinion pieces, which are clearly labeled as "opinion." In the past, when I was a reader of their website, I had the impression they were doing a pretty good job.

Archived