Chapala.com Webboard

Anybody knows a place?

Ukiyo

I am looking for a hotel with a kitchen space in lakeside area. I do not mind charges.

I am planning a sushi seminar on or after the 19th of Feb., I will show you how to prepare gyoza  and how to sharpen knives as well.

The admission is free. There are still rooms for attendees (3 more) . First come, first served.

Arigato in advance

Now why would you think for a second that Ukiyo would even consider doing something like that? Why would you judge this man? You don't know him or anything about him. That is pure troll behaviour.

Ukiyo had asked me if I knew of a place, and I told him that unfortunately that is kind of out of my purview. I mentioned he might ask here. I should have known better.

My apologies, Ukiyo. Don't give up yet.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Now why would you think for a second that Ukiyo would even consider doing something like that? Why would you judge this man? You don't know him or anything about him. That is pure troll behaviour.

Ukiyo had asked me if I knew of a place, and I told him that unfortunately that is kind of out of my purview. I mentioned he might ask here. I should have known better.

Thank you for your reply to a totally unwarranted post.

AM, thanks for your input.

MG,  will get a permission before I conduct a seminar or meeting. The numbers are limited and no traipsing person is expected.

CG, it is all right, I will not give up yet.

The reason why I like to hold a seminar in Chapala are is simple, we do have a home in GDL where I can conduct without any husstle, but I thought it might be more convenient to do a course in lakeside area . My motive is very simple too, I just want you to learn what is authentic Japanese foods are. I have travelled many countries and understood only a few restaurants served me  right. 

I'd be very happy if the attendees can pass on whatever learned to your family or friends.

Ukiyo-san, you might try the fracc called Las Hamacas in San Antonio. They have a large open, covered terrace with a nice kitchen, plenty of seating and restrooms. It is for residents, but perhaps they would rent it out to you for a one time occasion. I wish you luck. I miss good Japanese food. Spoiled by 12 years living in West Tokyo. Best of luck to you.

On 2/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Actually, it was neither unwarranted nor troll behavior. I happen to know Airbnb hosts who have had people book their places, totally misrepresenting their intentions, acting like they were just booking the place for a vacation. One host found that this person was advertising a retreat at the property, charging $1000/head and had posted photos of the property, without permission, on their website. Tons of unregistered people arriving, using all the facilities that the person had booked and been charged for as if they were just one guest. Serious security risk for the host.

31 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Actually, it was neither unwarranted nor troll behavior. I happen to know Airbnb hosts who have had people book their places, totally misrepresenting their intentions, acting like they were just booking the place for a vacation. One host found that this person was advertising a retreat at the property, charging $1000/head and had posted photos of the property, without permission, on their website. Tons of unregistered people arriving, using all the facilities that the person had booked and been charged for as if they were just one guest. Serious security risk for the host.

Thanks Mudgirl for spooking my weekend beach party swinger extravogandas. Maybe I will go back to parasail rides or tango lessons.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Both unwarranted and provocative. You judged a man you don't know, and patronizingly foretold explained to all us what he thinks.  You do that on a public forum only when you believe you are holier-than-thou, or when you are trolling. You choose. I ask you, what do the actions of others have to do in this case?

Here's an example. I am a man. A man killed a man last week. Therefore, I am a killer. The conceit is overwhelming.

I am happy to tell you that I had reserved a room with kitchen facilities at Hotel Villa de Angel 19th, and I have told and got a permission to have a couple of friends.

So far I have 4 attenders. 2 more people can join us. Will PM for details for attendants.

Cstone, thanks for info. 

Klm, appreciate your generous offer. Arigato!!!

MG, CG, I became a kind of "loco" and not sensitive now. Do not worry I am happy. To see smiles is one of my wishes this time.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:49 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Good to see people objecting to unwarranted, insulting and demeaning comments which some cyber bullies enjoy making. Scroll on by is not the solution to this problem. Public rejection of the rudeness is!

Ukiyo, I am here to publicly thank you long and hard for your amazing class yesterday. Your expertise and insight to the world of sushi is in-depth and loaded with respect for the craft. We had four hours of technique, history, and wonderful food. We made our own potstickers, with a filling already prepared; we made several types of rolls, and were taught how to make sushi rice and seasoning properly; his wife taught us how to make a balanced miso soup. The master provided us with slabs of fresh tuna, salmon, and imported Japanese items like shoyu. We learned how to skin and filet a dorado that we then used; we learned hand rolls; all kinds of things.

Mr. Saito, you dedication and integrity to the art is truly a highlight of my life. Thank you, sir.

(Hidetoshi Saito is the retired vice-president of a large medical equipment company in Japan, who didn't take up sushi until after he stopped working.)

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Ukiyo, I am here to publicly thank you long and hard for your amazing class yesterday. Your expertise and insight to the world of sushi is in-depth and loaded with respect for the craft. We had four hours of technique, history, and wonderful food. We made our own potstickers, with a filling already prepared; we made several types of rolls, and were taught how to make sushi rice and seasoning properly; his wife taught us how to make a balanced miso soup. The master provided us with slabs of fresh tuna, salmon, and imported Japanese items like shoyu. We learned how to skin and filet a dorado that we then used; we learned hand rolls; all kinds of things.

Mr. Saito, you dedication and integrity to the art is truly a highlight of my life. Thank you, sir.

(Hidetoshi Saito is the retired vice-president of a large medical equipment company in Japan, who didn't take up sushi until after he stopped working.)

Do they deliver?  😀 

Kidding aside, that was very nice of them to take the time to share their knowledge.

5 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yes she did. She said it intentionally, with malice aforethought.

Malice? Certainly not. Nor did I "judge" the OP- I don't know him. I was simply stating that intentions should be made clear when someone books a room, home or something. Maybe if you had spent years property managing places and listing a space in your own home, you would understand the entitled things people do. There happen to be many people who think when they book a place, that it is theirs to do whatever they want with, and have anyone over without asking. All I was doing was saying that would not be okay. Maybe I could have worded it differently, but I don't regret posting it. I know a host who had someone book his place for 6 guests and his property manager found 17 people staying in the house. 

I'm glad you had a nice sushi making course, it sounds great. 

Mudgirl, I hope in the future you will consider the tone of your post and how you word it. You came across to more than one person as accusing and angry — as though the OP himself was considering doing something wrong. It was certainly not your message to which people reacted. It was reasonable and helpful. The problem was in the manner in which you delivered it. 

May I suggest we are reading a little too much into the "tone" and failing in the "giving the benefit of the doubt" department?

I will admit that I was surprised at the "tone", too, and perceived it as very negative. However, the poster denies malice, so I am given the option of calling her a liar or believing her.  I'll choose the latter.  We would all be wise to re-read what we're about to post before pressing "send" and ask ourselves if it would be easy for others to take it in a way we don't intend.

• mod-3 locked this topic

Archived