Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Secure windows and bars. Good locks on metal doors and camera to confirm all is well. Automatic notification via other methods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

https://youtu.be/w15iyxYtL30

Wyze Cam Pan: is it a Nest Cam killer? In this review of the WyzeCam Pan, we look at the incredible features it offers at $30 (on their website) like Pan, Tilt, Zoom (PTZ), which allows it to have great features like Pan Scan and motion tracking. We'll look at other items in this Wyze Cam Pan Review to see if you should get it over the Nest Cam.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video is an option if you are willing to hunt down the perps on your own to extract justice.  The police will not act on video.  The perps know this.  

Just saying. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Video is an option if you are willing to hunt down the perps on your own to extract justice.  The police will not act on video.  The perps know this.  

Just saying. 

 

 

You know this how?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiny said:

You know this how?

Personal experience with neighbors who have been burglarized in the Jocotepec Municipio.  The police need to catch the perps in the act.  In twelve years I have  known a handful of expats with camera systems who have been to the police with video and no action was taken by the police after viewing the videos.  

In one instance the police recognized the perps in the video, but took no action.  YMMV

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kiko said:

Personal experience with neighbors who have been burglarized in the Jocotepec Municipio.  The police need to catch the perps in the act.  In twelve years I have  known a handful of expats with camera systems who have been to the police with video and no action was taken by the police after viewing the videos.  

In one instance the police recognized the perps in the video, but took no action.  YMMV

 

You are absolutely correct, unfortunately I know first hand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • I like my cameras. There are many different systems. Such as ones have motion detection  and alert your phone or device then you can call the police. I can check what is going on around my home even if I am in China. Example I live isolated and have no neighbors. Yesterday my dog was barking so I check my wall mounted monitor next to my TV and there a couple of young guys on the corner outside of my home trying to tap into my wifi. I have no idea if they could hack a locked system or not. I just turned off my modem. Watched them walk away.
  • I also have systems at my nursing home. Nice for the staff to see who is outside before opening the door. Plus cameras inside so Sara and I can monitor when we are away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having an instant notification of the activity in your house and being able to view it anytime from anywhere is a great asset.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Having an instant notification of the activity in your house and being able to view it anytime from anywhere is a great asset.

So what is your plan to handle the notification. Let's say you are on vacation. Call the police?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiny said:

So what is your plan to handle the notification. Let's say you are on vacation. Call the police?

Yes! If known  locals it will take a day of my time but,  I can file a report with Mistero Plublico they will investigate. Also if they are locals I could deal with the scum in my own way at a later date. Cameras YES! Why do so many business use them?

Another thought I am a local businessman what if I am assaulted kidnapped or just killed. The state and Feds will get involved in that case. So the recordings will help catch the perps. Remember the expat killed in Roca Azul RV park I was living there then The cameras were how the law enforcement knew who the killer was. Arrested in less than 12 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

Yes! If known  locals it will take a day of my time but,  I can file a report with Mistero Plublico they will investigate. Also if they are locals I could deal with the scum in my own way at a later date. Cameras YES! Why do so many business use them?

Another thought I am a local businessman what if I am assaulted kidnapped or just killed. The state and Feds will get involved in that case. So the recordings will help catch the perps. Remember the expat killed in Roca Azul RV park I was living there then The cameras were how the law enforcement knew who the killer was. Arrested in less than 12 hours.

I am glad that you had thought it out. Too many people do not think about it until it is too late.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tiny said:

I am glad that you had thought it out. Too many people do not.

Also if I receive notification I can store on my Iphone a snap shot or video. So if they steal my in-home recorder I will have a copy on my phone. Another thing I don't have but, videos can be sent to the cloud. Stored forever. Like the richest  man in the world taking picks of his package once out there.... it is forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

Also if I receive notification I can store on my Iphone a snap shot or video. So if they steal my in-home recorder I will have a copy on my phone. Another thing I don't have but, videos can be sent to the cloud. Stored forever. Like the richest  man in the world taking picks of his package once out there.... it is forever.

Our camera does send the video to the cloud but stores it for so many days. I can download what I want to save.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most newer security systems have two way security systems, usually with a smartphone app. Tell the ratons to get out of your house, remotely trigger the alarms. And if you are really sore about it, when you are back hire the meanest maton in town to find them, and administer some old world justice. Sometimes there is a very fine line between private detectives and thugs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Most newer security systems have two way security systems, usually with a smartphone app. Tell the ratons to get out of your house, remotely trigger the alarms. And if you are really sore about it, when you are back hire the meanest maton in town to find them, and administer some old world justice. Sometimes there is a very fine line between private detectives and thugs.

Or have an in-law that works for the police force.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask your Mexican neighbors if they report burgularies to the police.  If you have homeowner's insurance theft coverage then you will need a police report.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife just asked me "Why do we have a security camera if we don't go anywhere?".  😫

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had multiple interior and exterior security cameras for our home several years now.  I've used a guy who seems to have become unreliable and am hoping for some referrals for someone who can adjust some of my current cameras as well as install additional ones.

Thanks, in advance, for some names and phone numbers.

Valerie  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...