Chapala.com Webboard

The weather here makes me happy

Just because. Two things about the weather make me happy: winter, which is not winter at all compared to the cold hell I come from, and days like today: 15 degrees, which by my non-scientific approach is the warmest 7:30 am we've had in months.

Funny. I was waking slowly this morning, listening to the birds singing and happy not to have a pile of heavy blankets on me. Thought about how I was leaving the bedroom window cracked open at night and that our two-month “winter” appeared over. I smiled as I thought how much I love living here. The climate suits me so well. Seems several of us woke up feeling spring today. Aren’t we lucky. 

Yes but look at what we are missing!

RIDEAU LAKES, Ontario (CBS Local) — A game of bingo at a nursing home turned ugly Tuesday when two elderly women got into a “physical altercation” over a seat, authorities in Canada said.

Police responded to the altercation at a long-term care facility in Rideau Lakes, Ontario, a Canadian community of lakes near the New York border.

Tempers had flared when the two women — aged 79 and 86 — wanted to sit in the same seat and neither would stand down. Other residents soon got involved, turning the situation into somewhat of a brawl, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported.

Elderly ladies' fight over bingo seats prompts brawl at long-term care facility https://t.co/yr02IfjLxJ pic.twitter.com/zMQ52hXPYX

— Ottawa Citizen (@OttawaCitizen) February 6, 2019

No one was seriously injured or charged, officials said.

“It was certainly a rare call for us,” said police spokeswoman Sandra Barr, who has not been able to clarify whether or not bingo was finally played.

5 minutes ago, Xena said:

So much for that Canadian reputation for excessive politeness. 😡🤬🤯

Grouchy old lady/man syndrome is universal. Sometimes their meds have side effects especially those that are serotonin receptor blockers. Some people are in a bad mood and sometimes can go into rage mode over seemingly litte things.

33 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

Grouchy old lady/man syndrome is universal. Sometimes their meds have side effects especially those that are serotonin receptor blockers. Some people are in a bad mood and sometimes can go into rage mode over seemingly litte things.

I know that, Alan. It was a joke about a stereotype.

Guest English Rose
1 hour ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Yes there is a human-friendly ideal climate, it's called Mediterranean.  That's were I was born, that's where I want to be.  

By boat or plane? I'll take a collection.

2 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Yes there is a human-friendly ideal climate, it's called Mediterranean.  That's were I was born, that's where I want to be.  

Better check up on that, it is being over run by northern European and British tourists and expats and has gotten quite pricey.

OTOH you could let these guys raise a bunch of money for you and then disappear somewhere in Mexico!  :D

Too bad so many don't see how good we have it here:

1.  Fantastic climate if a bit chilly this year.  No polar vortexes.

2.  30 minutes to an airport with a huge selection of U.S., Canadian and Mexican destinations.  Day's drive to the U.S. border.

3.  Some of the best available health care in Mexico just down the road plus new facilities coming here.

4.  Household help still affordable and a win win for both employee and employer (if you doubt this check pay rates in most of Mexico and compare to here)

5.  Restaurants running out our ears mostly very affordable.  For a real shock go out to eat to comparable places NOB these days.

6.  Real estate prices still well below comparable resort locations around the world.

7.  Very good local dental services at a fraction of NOB prices.

8.  Very active local arts and entertainment scene for a small town.

9.  The Feria and the opportunity to rub elbows with wonderful Mexican artisans and fill your house with the best of it.

And a helluva lot cheaper than San Diego!  You can keep California craziness and traffic jams.  

A lot of things make me happy here.  See ya later, I'm headed to the pool. :)

It shows. We see you as a bright young teen with great potential as you mature. However, since you have made statements that indicate you are about 50, or more, we have adjusted our opinion to suspect that you are a middle-aged loner with the mind of a bright young teen, and wasted potential.

Archived