Chapala.com Webboard

Petatán

jhark

The pelicans used to hang all year long on Chicks islands, near St Nicolas on the north shore just East of Chapala.

The island is probably under water now,  Will have to kayak out there and see if the pelicans found a new place nearby

Here's a  video taken about three years ago.

https://mx.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=Awr9J.qY5V5cDDMAgvrD8Qt.;_ylu=X3oDMTB0NjZjZzZhBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=diana+pelicans+kayaking+lake+chapala&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t#id=2&vid=520fc847d23333227e1f21d07f56fe7f&action=view

Has anyone been there lately?  That was the question and whether the road in is open.  I have a trip planned to go there with some local ladies and their children from San Juan who have never been.  I would hate to make the drive and not be able to get in.  If you have been lately I really would appreciate the info about Petatan.   Thanks again.

We were there in early December when the lake was quite high. The roads were mostly open with one patch on the most western edge that was a bit underwater but only a couple of inches. Not a very pleasant smell there with the lake so high unfortunately:/ I assume due to septic or sewer issues. The water was right to many of the houses and some had actually water inside of them!

Archived